04 - You are welcome

Shen was sitting on the floor, watching the man sleeping soundly on the sofa. He reached out and carefully took the towel from the man's forehead. 

"How can someone just go all in and fight..." He put the towel into a prepared bowl with cold water and squeezed it before placing it back to the burning skin. "His face has so many bruises..." He tried to reach out and touch the bandages he put for the man earlier, but the man's eyes moved.

When Yunlan wanted to open his eyes a strong sun rays hit his view and he growled. His head started hurting badly. A movement on his side told him he is, yet again, not alone. But Yunlan did not have the power to hush away another girl. He laid still and tried to collect his memories of the last night, but then he heard some peculiar sounds, a curtain being pulled close. He could feel the room got much darker. Yunlan reached to his head and felt a piece of cold fabric on his forehead. He opened his eyes lazily and had no idea where he was. The ceiling was unfamiliar to him. He wanted to get up, but there was a strong arm pushing him down in an instant.

"You should not," he heard a soft voice. "Rest a bit more." 

Yunlan was confused. No one was this kind to him, definitely not on the "morning after".

"I am going to check on your arm, okay?" the voice told him and Yunlan recognized it as a male voice.

"I slept with a man?!" Yunlan's mind was suddenly full of very weird questions and his clouded memory did not help him to find any answers. He looked at the man bending over him, removing the bandages on his arm. Yunlan did not remember him at all.

"W-Where am-"

"You are at my house," the man told him with a gentle smile. "You got into a fight last night and lost consciousness. I did not know where you live, so I brought you here."

Yes, some recollections of fighting in a back yard came to him.

"That hurts," Yunlan whined weakly.

"I know," Shen sighed. "You have a few deep bruises. I think you should go to the hospital to get some stitches done. It would heal faster."

"No hospitals."

"You can get an infection and it can leave bad scars like th-"

"No hospitals!"

"Fine then," Shen capitulated. "I will bring you some painkillers." He patted Yunlan's hand. "Do not move."

Yunlan glanced to the man when he was leaving his side and then scanned his surroundings. They were not at his own flat for sure. "What the hell happened last night?!" His head did not seem to cooperate with him as he wanted it. "Club... drinking... everything as usual... a man near the restrooms... fight..." Snips of memories were slowly coming back to him, but he still had no recollection of the strange man who took him in. "Who would take in a total strange?"

He tried to sit up, but the pain bang him down in an instant. 

"I am back," there was the sweet voice again. "I have found some painkillers for you."

Yunlan opened his eyes, his face still twitched in agony.

"I will help you to sit," the man said. Putting one arm under Yunlan's body he helped him to the sitting position easily. It was much easier than when Yunlan tried to sit himself. 

"Take these." A glass of water was placed into his hand together with two pills. Yunlan did not argue. He gulped it all and returned the glass. And that was when he realized his shirt is missing and his trousers are covered with blood. His right shoulder and left wrist was covered with bandages. Yunlan reached to his face, finding a swollen lip and feelings some bruises on his cheeks as well.

"When you fight, you fight with all you have..." Shen said in a low tone.

"Do we know each other?" Yunlan asked.

"Not really," Shen sat down on an edge of a table in front of the sofa. "We met at the club last night and-"

"We met at a club?... Wait... you are the owner, right?" Yunlan scanned the clothes Shen was wearing. He might be a club owner, why not. Suit trousers and shirt are convenient for any profession. Only the innocent and kind look on the man's face was not the "bossy" one. 

Shen blushed. "I am not... I lied to make the guy walk away."

"You did not have to lie," Yunlan snarled. "I could have deal with him by myself."

"Oh, right," Shen smiled. "You would let him beat you up as he wants."

"What is with this guy! First he claims he saved my ass then he makes fun of me. Really, Yunlan, what did you do this time?" He decided to not stay any longer. This guy was weird. However, when he stood up, his vision blurred with pain and daze after taking the pills. The world was suddenly covered in an odd fog and Yunlan didn't have the strength to think how to get out of it. He stumbled into Shen's arms and fell asleep in an instant.

+++End of chapter 4+++