Chapter two//You play?

I mentioned I love sailing, right? Well, I don't know much about it. I know the basics, but I enjoy more being on the boat, than taming it.

So I go inside for now, to take a nap, as the morning was busy for packing and getting all settled for the ride. "You awake?" I hear a voice from the stairs.

"Yeh, yeh.." I reply as fast as I can before my heart jumps from my mouth, and I take a seat.

" I wanted to apologise for not spending that much time with you in Puerto Rico." Jake says as he walks towards me and takes a seat.

" Oh, no.. don't stress. I get it, it's complicated as you said" my voice gets lower as I speak. His lips, are just there. I cannot stop staring,

" I wasn't meant to tell you why, actually, I didn't wanna tell you the reason why. You have nothing to do with it.."

"No, nothing.. exactly, nothing.. to do.." I snap back to reality mumbling while is he talking.

"But.." His eyes move from my eyes to my mouth and back to my eyes again.

" You should know"

"Oh yeh?" I draw my brows together

"Oh yeh?" I draw my brows together. He is making me confused, why should I know why he broke up with Andrea? Maybe he knows that I never liked her. Or maybe it's because he just wants to let it out?

"Well, she was jealous of you being around" he confesses, looking at his hands and back at me to see if he captures any response from my, very obvious, facial expressions.

"Me..?" I try to interrupt him.

" She claimed we had something because of the way we act" he continues.

" We act.. us?" I mumble as he speaks.

I'm hypnotised. Our eyes are synched. I am staring non stop at his dilated pupils. His brown eyes don't leave mine and an awkward silence appears.

My chest is getting tighter and tighter and my breathing rapids.

" Jacob!" I jump from he scream coming for upstairs.His eyes move towards the stairs as he also snaps back to reality.

" I'll come back.." He says walking towards the stairs.

What was that? This. This is exactly what I mean.

I lay on bed, and I notice the guitar on the other side of the boat. Of course I'm going to analyse it. Old. A classic. Binos. Love when he plays. He's a better player with beer in his system.

"You play?" I literally jump, for fear

"What the.. Jesus!"

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" He laughs. There it is... that smile.

" No, it's fine" I join him as I try to pretend he just didn't scare the shit out of me. Casually acting like everything is normal and that I don't have this sudden adrenaline all over my body.

" I don't play, I was just reminiscing"I continue.

"I wanted to continue our conversation" he tries to focus on the topic again.

"Yes, so you were saying. Something about the way we act?" I say, acting like I don't know what he is talking about even though is pretty obvious.

" I know what she meant when she said that" he takes a step forward.

" You could say it's obvious."I tease. I want him to know, that I also know that is obvious.

He takes a couple more steps and I feel his arms around my waist, and his lips against mine. His warm tongue connecting with mine in the most passionate way possible. My hands move to his hair and then again down his back, and I try to remove his white shirt off. Easy.

I am not a saint. And that's a fact. And from what I hear: neither is he.

His lips travel down to my chin to my neck as he sucks and kisses my skin. Suddenly I feel his hands under my butt cheeks as he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.

Steps. I hear steps. I put my feet back on the ground and push him away from me, and I go back to the guitar.

Rubus is standing on the last step, staring at us, back and forth.

"You play?" Jake breaks the silence.