Chapter seven//Acceptance

I can't stop crying. What if they are not alive? Binos. Oh, just the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. He could be dead, he's probably dead. I'm sitting go the steps that lead to the entrance of the cabin waiting for Alexandre to come back, but my thoughts get the best of me. Jake.. I really like him, I'm praying he's alive.

I see Alexandre make his way with something that looks a lot like a deer with ...wings. Alright.

I clean my face before he seems me and my vulnerability.

His smile disappears when he seems me. "Are you okay?" He asks.

" Yes, yes. Just thinking about my crew, my family." I get up and make my way inside.

"I.. they are probably okay. Maybe, they are looking for you." He says from the bottom of the stairs. " I will make dinner, just stay calm, if you can.", sounds like he's begging from the tone of his voice.

He heads to the back of the cabin while I stay at the entrance, leaning against the side of the door, just thinking about a way out, until I see that figure again. The mermaid, walking towards the house.

I walk towards her because I want her to know she's not welcome. There's that smile again. She looks over my shoulder.

"Where's Alex?" She asks before her eyes meet mine

"Why do you care?"

"Special reasons"

"He's not interested, and you're not welcome honey, so you can turn your mermaid self back and find someplace else to swim. " I snap.

She takes a step closer to my face, literally inches apart because apparently personal space doesn't exist around here.

"Are you scared?" She tries to intimidate me. She also forgets she's tip toeing.

"Don't have a reason to be" I tell her.

"Your presence isn't going to change things around here." The anger in her face kinda makes me more competitive.

"Sounds like you're scared"

"Of?" 

"Losing Alexandre." Seems like I'm the one smiling now.

She laughs at my little statement.

"To you?" Her ridiculous laugh stops and she pushes pass me and walks towards the house.

I am not going to stop her anymore. Why bother, this isn't even my house, and he's not my boyfriend. I am feet away from her but I stop at the bottom of the stairs while she searches the house for Alexandre, screaming his name. She finally comes out, looking like an irritated chihuahua. And Alexandre comes from the corner, confused.

"What the hell are you doing here." He's not amused.

"Came to pay you a visit," she smiles, acting like she wasn't in a completely different mood seconds before, " and also, wanted to know if you wanted to go for a swim?" She sounds like she's trying to seduce him.

"I am busy, making dinner. Also, don't know if you've noticed that I've got a guest." He sounds like he's doing me a favour, as if he would go if I wasn't here.

She evil glares me as he walks to the back of the house. She's now walking towards my face, and I don't flinch.

"You will pay." She threatens.

" Sounds promising." I reply. I am the last person on this magic earth that will be scared of a woman that can turn half a fish anytime.

 I am the last person on this magic earth that will be scared of a woman that can turn half a fish anytime