Chapter one// Puerto Rico

It's impossible. I keep saying to myself that it's impossible. Can I risk it? I have nothing to lose.Plus, I love sailing, the ocean is a part of me. It's just Puerto Rico to Florida.

Let me recap: My name is Jane. Jane Montes, a young adult who loves sailing or just being on a boat in general. My parents are divorced and live their life, with their partners and kids and act like I have never existed. But that story I can tell later.

Here I am, attaching the mainsail to the halyard, " Muy cuidado, por favor. El cangrejo que duerme la ola lleva, acuérdate de eso. Te acuerdas de mi. Se mantiene en contacto, si? Te amo, mi cariño." Said Lola, Binos wife, staring in to his eyes, while she grabs his cheeks before she kisses him gently, " yes, yes mi amor" he replied.

Binos, is basically the captain. He knows what he is doing, been on boats since he was 10. Rubus, is his right hand. Both became my family really fast.

Again, let me explain: Lola used to be my parents maid but they were busy people that somehow started hating each other half way through their relationship and used to spend more time on business trips than actually taking care of their child, me. So basically, Lola was like a mother to me. So once they got a divorce, she moved back to Puerto Rico and since then I come to visit all the time.

" Hey Jane"

Jacob William, also known as Jake. Lola and Binos nephew. Now let's talk about Jake, shall we? Six foot three, late twenties, tanned skin, gorgeous smile who gives me goosebumps every time he says a word. I promised myself that he was off limits, you know.. for being Lolas nephew.

"You joining us?" I replied.

"Yeh.. I figured I need to leave this place for awhile.. all the bad vibes going on" waving his hands in the air before walking downstairs to place his bag

"Bad vibes?" I ask, following him downstairs. He stops, looks at me, and smiles looking down at the floor " yeh, kind of a complicated story."

So I give him a confused look and make hand gestures for him to continue.

"Remember my girlfriend, Andrea?"

"Yeah.. the blonde."

"We broke up a few days ago. For real this time, so I need a different scenario"

"Right.. change is good.. like really good, a change is.." I said as I am walking backwards to the stairs and end up stumbling on the first step.

A whole boat ride with Jacob, ok fair enough Binos and Rubus will be there but the tension.

A part of me is happy he is back in the game, single and all but, I know there's going to be something. Hard to explain how my chest feels, like it's being squashed when he walks in or when he stares right into my soul when we talk. But we are adults. We can control ourselves.

I come upstairs, Binos and Rufus are finishing up the boat, getting ready to depart.

"Jane, call me when you arrive home, take care of yourself"

" Love you Lola"

"Take care of Jake" I shoot an evil glare at her when she says that, and she laughs as the boat departs. " Will do, ma" I wave her goodbye, and second later I feel a body standing behind me doing the same thing.Jake.

Jake