Chapter twelve//Unexpected

Top three songs of this chapter:

Ed Sheeran- Fall

One Republic- Fingertips

Miguel- Vixen

--

We spent six days searching, we would only get back to the cabin at night, it became a routine. No traces of a broken boat, or any survivor, and at this point I'm losing hope. Nights and nights of tears, make me go insane. Meanwhile, I feel like Alex and I are playing house and the feeling of guilt takes over my chest because I actually enjoy spending time with him, getting to know him while my family members might be submerged in the ocean or alive and injured. But at this point I start accepting that they might be gone.

I decide to stop by the villages little market, just so I could to get some jam, fruit, etc. It is quite difficult to know who I can trust, I guess that is the only problem in Namaka. While I'm searching around I stop by this little stall full of bright red and very polished apples. The seller is a very beautiful red head, tall woman, captivating bright green eyes, that somehow seem to be calling me and I walk towards her. She extends her arm, offering me an apple. And I accept the offer, but the moment I grab the apple she shape shifts into me.

"Holy..!" I shout.

She shape shifts back to her normal look and smiles at me.

Puts six apples inside a tinny basket and hands it to me.

"Peace offering and also an apology for scaring you." She giggles.

Can I even trust her? This could be another Snow White story and for all I know she could be trying to poison me.

"I'm Abigail, please accept them, I mean no harm" she tells me which makes me accept the peace offering.

"Thank you. My name is Jane"

"I know, you're new. Word spreads fast when there's someone new in this village, but besides that everybody minds their own business"

"Good to know" I give a small smile and walk away.

"I will see you around, Jane" she shouts, I raise my hand in agreement.

Alright, now I am slightly scared, so I decide to walk back to Alex's cabin.

"What have you got there?" Alex asks with a smile on his face while he is building something outside the cabin, "I see you stopped by Abigail's" he says and stops what he doing.

"Quite the shock, I may say" I laugh.

"I can imagine" he joins me.

"Can she be trusted?"

"Abigail? Absolutely, she's a great person. Her husband, my friend, is not from this world. One day he ended up here the same way we did, met Abby, and decided to stay. They got engaged last month."

"So, he doesn't want to go back? Just left his life behind?"

"Yeh.. he was married once. His wife got really sick with cancer and passed away two years ago. It was just the two of them, he doesn't have family, so he decided to travel, to help his grief. I guess being around all the places they spent time together wouldn't help. He spent a year out, and on his way back he ended up here - let me help you with the groceries." He grabs a few bags and starts walking inside,"- met Abby, they started dating, etc, etc. He says God gave him another chance with love, and that he's going to take it. Nothing holds him back at home, so he wants to stay for Abby. She was his 'unexpected' in life." He continues.