22 | 'quit blushing! that's lame.'

━━━━━━━━━━━━

        THERE HAD BEEN BAD IDEAS growing up and yet, of all the years of making half-assed decisions, agreeing to meet up with Ji Hansol came in second because nothing could transcend twin impersonation. It hadn't adjusted to either of their terms, the meeting, but both seemed aware of the lack of opportunity to meet up and bumping into each other at the KHMCC auction hosted by female members for female members was rather prime.

        Hansol looked dashing, that was underselling it, and Eun Ra was yet to feel him pull that trick he appeared to be a master of on her heart. Of course, the undeniable flutters still lingered from the idea of someone so attractive sparing her their attention, however it stopped there. No more stutters, nor beating hearts running hundred miles a minute, nor impromptu blushes. And since she stepped into this hellhole of an event, Eun Ra realised she had blushed only once, because he was polite enough to say she stole the show. Which she assumed was a big fat lie, but it was Hansol, so perhaps she wouldn't call it a lie—more like stating the untrue to keep the conversation going.

        Everyone seemed out of their elements today. Or it had been shock: shock to see Kim Seohyun finally getting through to her boyish girl.

        For the first time since Eun Ra could remember, her mother looked proud and if knee length pencil skirts along with matching blazers happened to be the only way to acquire even a dollop of respect from her mother, then it couldn't have been worth it in the first place.

        The restrooms were deserted by the time she slipped in. As she peered at the unwanted image in the mirror, disgust already reared up its ugly head, motivating the seventeen-year-old to stamp the fact that pink was millennials away from becoming a favourite colour, not after it single-handedly succeeded in inflicting morale damage. Even if a certain fringe-loving blonde testified otherwise.

        "If you gave smiling a shot, the outfit wouldn't look so bad,"—Lisa's advice.

        Blankly, she stared hard at the virtual image right in front of her, highly doubting that Lisa knew her testament rang with utter fakery she was unaware of. Plus, Lalisa had been trying to get her out of sight: she had a study date with the latest crush on her list. For that Eun Ra was willing to try nonetheless ... for lack of nothing better to do, that is.

        The sides of both top and bottom lip tipped up into a smile and it looked anything but genuine. The girl now eyed a carping version of herself.

        "Remember, my love, 'etiquette is the raison detre of the debutante," Mother told her earlier today once having gotten the pleasantries out of the way. It was one hellish morning so to say and Eun Ra had second thoughts about missing Seohyun.

        Something felt out of place, and it wasn't her bra askew underneath the silk camisole, neither was it remembering that the moment she stepped out of here, there was the likelihood of bumping into Hansol. The one time she wanted him as far away as possible, he stuck like annoying gunk.

        The door opened, another presence. Eun Ra heard the sneer of disgust before seeing it, expressively on Jessica's face. It hadn't reached a minute before Jisoo stepped in as well. Eun Ra heaved a mental sigh—bumping into these people had now gone beyond a fluke. Just for today, she desired the breathing space what with everything else weighing in between, not to mention the notable strain in her relationship with Jaehyun. The two rarely crossed paths since The Den's incident, and in all honesty, she hardly expected Jae to take her seriously when she told him to keep shut and spectate from the sidelines. She hadn't meant it ... not entirely. Now she needed him, he wasn't here—probably hooked up to his favorite playlist back at the dorms, reading the book he'd been trying to complete for nearly two weeks—and while it was far from the boy to degrade himself into entering the women's restroom at a swank country club (or any restroom), he would for her.