21 | 'oh. right. OWW! OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! IT BURNS!'

━━━━━━━━━━━━

       EUN RA WAS READY TO GIVE up Yuta to the pretentious claws of Jessica Lee if it meant it would stray her mind off Doyoung for once. However, it was quite apparent to everyone cognizant with the couple that the blonde party was highly devout to her brunette counterpart, even if he now arrived at crossroads in their relationship, and at anytime he would be hightailing out the door, because it was most unlikely for Doyoung—the real Doyoung—to take his time walking out on Jessica once bestowed the chance. Though, at this point, how willing would Jessica be to take no for an answer. Something told Eun Ra she was minutes away from finding out.

        "What the hell is she doing here?" What she would've loved to know as well except ... she did know, but time was of an essence now and sparing Jaehyun an answer categorized under superfluous waste of it.

        "I have got to get out of here," she said sharply in a hushed tone, averting her gaze from the scene: Jessica's eyes, razor-sharp and predacious, scanned The Den, too impatient to await any response from Yuta, who was already too shell-shocked to use his tongue. Eun Ra gulped audibly; her heart thumped loudly in her chest, reaching her ears in no time. "What do I do, Jaehyun?" You bitch, who told you he was here? She thought. "What the hell do I do?"

        "On my count, you sneak out through the ba—"

        "Doyoung?!" The cacophony froze Eun Ra in place—she had been spotted. And for the very first time, she cursed the uncanny resemblance she and Doyoung had. Specifically, she cursed Jessica's existence. It seemed like today, everything set out to get her. It was aggravating enough to push her to tears because gradually, she began to realise it mightn't have been worth it at all, but: wrong time, wrong place.

        Perhaps it was about time she came to terms with reality: she sucked at playing Imposter.

        "Shit," she cussed to the rhythm of her feet scuffling about The Den at their own accord, towards wherever they considered safe. At the minute safe was as far away from her twin's girlfriend as possible.

        "Doyoung, get back here right this instant." The clack of six-inch heels only Jessica could move comfortably in reverberated above the ruckus of people moving out of the way. Then there was the distinct sound of a metal tray clashing with the floor beneath not that far away—which she might have been responsible for—ensured Eun Ra that Jessica was hot on her heels. It felt almost close to feeling her breath fanning right across the nape of her neck, the hairs in that area standing erect even as they dampened, strand by strand, from the building perspiration.

        "No, Jessica," she said frantically between breaths. "Why don't you get the message? I don't love you anymore. We've ... We've drifted apart..."

        "Get back here and face me like a real man, dammit," The blonde shrieked. "For once in your life, don't be a coward."

        Eun Ra ducked under a tray hoisted up by a waiter, rounded a table and dropped a bottle of ketchup in the process. "You're the reason I'm being a coward. You're clingy, your bossy, you're a bitch majority of the time we're together, and honestly," she swiveled past a pillar, "I do not appreciate the way you treat my family."

        "Oh, please, don't tell me this is about your bratty sister. She has no manners, how is that my problem?"

        Offense taken. "I'll have you know that," Eun Ra found herself whisking past their table; it was impossible to miss the look on Yuta's face: perturbed yet somewhat amused, "my sister is anything but bratty. You're the bratty one. Sometimes it's like you forget your age or you're just trying to trail everyone off the fact that you're older."