Chilly Evenings

The child slowly opened her eyes, rolling over on her back. She groaned as the sunlight blinded her for a moment. Sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she shivered as she felt a chill go up her spine. Opening her eyes again, she took a glance at the window.

Her heart stuttered as she approached her window, not caring about her bare feet on the cold wooden floor. Standing up on her tip toes, she gasped.

It was snowing.

The little girl's eyes shimmered, scanning over her yard that was covered with a soft blanket of snow.

She dashed in her bathroom, reaching for her toothbrush while trying to clean her face. She brushed with vigor, trying to rush back in her room. The child barely had enough time to rinse her mouth out before throwing herself in her closet.

Deciding on a long sleeved shirt and pink tights, she was convinced that she had what she needed.

The girl had almost fell down the stairs trying to get her boots from the front door. She stomped one foot in after another, desperate to feel the cool breeze in her face that she knew that particular day would provide.

Before she could even touch the doorknob, a hand reached out to rest on her shoulder. She squeaked with surprise and sharply turned around to see the owner.

"Mon biquet! Where do you think you are running off to?! It's freezing out there!" Her father scolded.

She looked down at her boots, which happened to be on the wrong foot. She itched to be outside, she adored the way the snow danced from the clouds all the way to the ground. How the wind embraced her, making her feel as if nothing else mattered.

"M'sorry Papa! I just wanted to go and play for a bit," Her bottomed lip trembled as she looked up at her father.

His face relaxed as a small smile graced his face.

"All is forgiven, mon biquet. Just make sure you tell me before you want to go play." He wrapped his arms around her, wiping away stray tears that had fallen from her eyes.

They spent the next five minutes fixing her disheveled clothes. Her shirt was backwards, her tights were rolled up to her knees. The man chuckled as she finally was dressed correctly for the weather. Her coat snugly fit around her petite body, a fleece hat and scarf adorned as well. The girl's hands kept in mittens to protect from the snow.

"Go now, my love. Hot chocolate will be here when you return," Her father laughed gently.

The child ran towards the door as soon as the words left his mouth. Before she went out, she stopped and turned.

"Je t'aime, Papa," She said softly.

"Je t'aime, mon biquet," He smiled, waving as she closed the door behind her.

She sat on the step and turned her face towards the sky, amazed at the mirage of pinks, greys, and blues the sunset offered.

"Mama would love this," The girl whispered, closing her eyes as snow began to fall again. The flakes dotted her cheeks, making them a rosy color.

The child loved winter.

The snow.

Her papa.

Her mama.

However, she had a special kind of love for chilly evenings.

Well I did it! That was probably terrible. But I kinda came up with that off the top of my head so...I hope you liked it. I know there are probably a few typos cuz I wrote this on my phone, but I'll try to correct anything I can. I'll probably update tomorrow, but for now GOODNIGHT MY BUNNIES!! (^-^)/