Dawn

So much pent up frustration, so much confusion, so much rage. He barely knew what to do with himself most times. He was a walking bomb, always on the edge of detonation.

"He's so mean..."

"I feel bad for his parents."

"I bet he doesn't even care about anyone other than himself."

Sometimes...they were right. He didn't care about who was in range, they were all meaningless to him anyways. Pain was just merely a bodily function everyone had to tolerate, they might as well get used to it. So, no, he didn't care.

At least that's what he had assumed.

He had felt someone bump into him one morning, and he had been ready to pummel them, like he always did. But when he looked down, he was immediately captured in large, chocolatey eyes. The person was so small, so fragile...and pretty. Have they always been here? Impossible, he could never forget those eyes. He wanted to say something so badly.

"What the hell are you staring at?!"

His words were spat out his lips like venom, and he could see the person flinch in fear. It was the first time in a long time that he felt guilt.

"I'm sorry! I was on my way to class... I didn't see you. S-sorry if I hurt you."

The person's voice was quiet and soft, making his heart stutter, just for a moment. Then they walked off as quickly as they had came, their footsteps growing quieter and quieter.

Was he still staring?