Dreamer pt 2

Once Lily was finished getting beets, she put them in a small basket on her way inside. However, right before she opened the door, Lily heard a low hum coming from above. Turning her attention upwards, she gasped.

There was a large airplane, flying overhead. It's engines were so loud, you could hear it from the ground.

Lily only ever saw planes this close on rare occasions. She screamed excitedly for her mother.

"Look Mama! Come and look! Hurry!" She yelled, jumping up and down.

Her mother ran in, assuming there was something wrong. "What happened?! What is the matter?!"

Lily pointed up and looked back, expecting to see her mother's face just as pleased as she was. But instead, it was quite the opposite. The irritation was very noticeable.

"I thought there was something actually wrong here, and you just wanted me to see a plane? Look, my love, I know you want to travel and see the world, but now is not the time!" She scolded, walking back in the house.

Lily felt tears gather at the corners of her eyes. She sat down on the grass, watching the airplane fly until it was out of sight.

Lily's family actually came from Russia. Moscow to be exact. In Russia, they were a middle class family, making just enough to be comfortable. Yet when her father passed, Lily's mother decided it would be best to move to America. That was when Lily had her first experience with a plane. It was so large, she had no idea how they would get it up in the air. When it did start flying however, she almost fainted with excitement. Everyone looked so miniscule from down there. The clouds were so close that Lily promised herself she'd touch some one day.

It was perhaps the best experience in her life.

In America, they settled down in Rochester, New York. It was quite the culture shock. Luckily, Lily grew up in a neighborhood that spoke english, so she didn't have to learn a new language. But that didn't make school any easier though. Kids would make fun of her, mimicking her thick accent. Her mother told her to ignore idiots like that, but Lily found it rather challenging. So she made another promise to herself.

She was going to travel the world.

Lily stood up and grabbed the basket, a newfound determination burning inside of her.

She dared someone to try and stop her.

Guess what? I lied, I'm making a part three. Sorry bunnies! Love youuuu (-///-)/