Dreamer

"Mama! Mama!" The child cried, holding a map in her small hands.

"Yes? What is it, Lily?" Her mother asked tiredly as she stirred schi (a soup commonly made in Russia) in a large pot.

"Can we go here?!" Lily asked excitedly, pointing to Hawaii on the map.

The woman's eyes widened with surprise and a sad smile grew on her face. She stopped stirring.

"Darling, you know we cannot afford to travel to such a place at this time," Her soft Russian accent was laced with sorrow.

The child's eyes seemed to dim and she looked up at her mother. "B-but Mama, they have yummy foods there too! You would not have to worry about the heating because it is...it is always hot there!"

"That sounds wonderful, maybe one day you'll get to go there. But for now, go fetch me some beets from the garden." The mother chuckled and sent her child off.

Lily ran to the backyard, and saw the round veggies, still slick with with water from the previous night's rain. Lily frowned as she pulled a beet from out of the ground (A/N: do beets actually grow underground?? Sorry idk how vegetables work lol) She wished she could get on a plane and fly off far away.

Part two will be up soon! I'm too lazy to make it all in one chapter, procrastination sucks. Nighty night bunnies!!