Breathe

She's wheezing and hacking, the putrid gas is filling her lungs with toxic smoke.

She still smiles.

Her surface seems to burn as hot as her core, her icy barriers are breaking, slipping back into the deep depths of the ocean.

She still smiles.

The tears flow every now and then, softening the soil with torrents of quick raindrops. Her body shudders as her sobs are heard from the heavens.

She still smiles.

Unable to breathe as well as she once was able to, she inhales, her trees whipping violently back and forth. The heavy feeling still stays, never seeming to let up.

She still smiles.

Her heart beats loud and strong, for even with her misery, she has something to live for.

Them.

They are small creatures, minuscule feet walk softly on her surface. She loves them with all of her being, she'd do anything to protect these creatures. They are helpless, they need her guidance.

Or so she thought...

The creatures take her kindness for weakness, breaking her from the inside out. Destroying anything they can get their small, destructive hands on. They are the reason for her pain, but the reason for her joy also.

She still smiles.

She doesn't know how long she can keep this up. She was born through chaos, not to be trifled with. Her patience is wearing thin, her volcanos boil, ready to detonate. She is celestial, this treatment is unacceptable.

She no longer smiles.

Her face is strained with anger, everything is falling apart. The love is no longer new, it's wearing down as the years go by. She can handle it. She can handle anything.

But even the strongest of them eventually must rest.

Let her rest.

Let her breathe.

Yeet yeet guess who's back!! Prepare for more cuz I finally got rid of that nasty case of writer's block!! Hope you enjoyed this, have a sweet night bunnies!! \(^~^)/