-1 Keith's POV

(A/N: this is my first fanfiction so sorry if it's not good or if there's some mistakes. Some stuff has been altered so keep that in mind.)

Lance. Lance was gone, I can't sleep like this. My friend, my teammate, my "rival" was gone. Captured by Sendak's galra forces. How did they take Lance but not Red? At least Red was safe though, that's good. I can't believe everything that has happened so far. Lance was gone. Shiro was a clone and that's why Black wouldn't that accept him. But even though Shiro is back Black wants me to pilot him. My mom is back, after all these years. Lotor and Allura have closed the quintessence portal because it was to dangerous. But Lance is gone and we have no idea where he is.

I hadn't realized I was crying until I felt my hands become wet. "Not again, I'm such a mess." I mumbled. I walked over to me closest and pulled out a rag to dry my hands. I put the rag back and walked to the training room. "Start training level two." I said. I started to fight the bot. I couldn't tell how long I had been fighting but I didn't stop. I let all my sadness, anger, and regret out on the bot.

"Keith." A voice behind me said. I could tell it was Shiro by the tone of his voice. "End training sequence." I called out as the bot charged towards me. "Keith, it's 7 in the morning. I told you you can't stay up all night training yourself to death." Shiro scolded. I might as well die. "I'm sorry Shiro. I couldn't sleep last night and I came to train, I guess I didn't realize how long I had been in here." I explained. "It's fine but next time I catch you in here you can't train by yourself for a week." He replied and I nodded. We walked out of the training room and headed to breakfast.

"Shiro?" I questioned. "Yes?" He replied. "Is my mom still working with Pidge and Matt today or Allura?" I asked. "I'm not sure." Shiro responded. We approached and the door slid open. Hunk was setting food on the table while talking with Coran and Allura. "Good morning." I said and they nodded to show they heard.

The whole time I pushed my food around the plate and didn't eat anything. "I wasn't going to say anything but you look you really need it, Keith." Allura said and I looked up. "With Krolia's Help Pidge and Matt might have found a way to track Lance, but don't get your hopes up." Allura explained. I almost jerked up but I remembered that Lance wasn't really that close to me. I just gave a small smile and nodded. "Dang it!" I heard someone say from the door and turned around to see Pidge. "I came all the way here to see your reaction." She complained and I heard everyone give a chuckle. "Why would you want to see my reaction?" I asked. She couldn't know, could she?

"Ah never mind, Hunk could you give me some breakfast? We're all hungry." Pidge said. "It's fine Hunk I got it." I said and stood up. Shiro was giving me the 'you need to eat because this is bad for your health' look. I waved him off and shrugged. I put my food in the fridge and took out the portions for Matt, Pidge, and my mom. Pidge grabbed some materials and we exited the room. We walked to Pidge's lab.

"Hi Matt." I said as I scanned the room for my mom. "She's in the back." Matt answered my unasked question and I nodded my thanks. "Kro- mom?" I questioned. "Here Keith!" She called and I followed the sound of her voice behind a bunch of boxes. "What are you doing in the middle of this mess?" I asked. "Looking for some spare parts." She replied and gave me a quick hug. I instantly felt a little better. She was about to pull back but I held on tighter for a few moments before I let her go. "Are you ok?" She asked. "Yeah." I lied. "Anyway Pidge and I brought some food, come and eat." I said before she could press further. "Well you can help me look for the parts so I can finish faster." She replied and I nodded.

A few dobashes later we had found all the parts and were heading out of the mess. "Have you seen Cosmo?" I asked. "Let him out in the dome this morning, why?" She questioned. "Just worried." I replied. "You don't have to worry about naming him, you would've been just as attached." Krolia assured and I gave a small smile.