{32} Promise

General POV

"I can only remember parts, but I thought IT was dead" Beverly started.

It was now September, the day before the first day of high school would start, and the losers had finally defeated IT.

Or so they thought.

Beverly was currently telling them about a dream she had. About It.

Only little has changed. Eddie still had his cast that read LOVER overlapped on LOSER. But Stan now had wrap around his face, where that lady bit him down in the sewers. Richies lip was still busted and Alex's cheek had a scar. Mike had a cut on his forehead and Beverly had scrapes on her knees. Ben had scraped knuckles as well.

"That's what it felt like" she said, looking down to the grassy floor. They met up at the place they met Mike by the train tracks, where they were all together for the first time. They sat in a circle on some logs, listening to Beverly.

"I saw all of us together, back here. In Derry. But we were older, like our parents' ages" she explained, nodding.

"Wh-what were we doing there?" Bill asked from beside her.

"I only remember how we felt. We were so... scared" she said. "I don't think I could ever forget that part" she sighed.

A long silence followed after that, and Richie and Alex had been involuntarily holding hands the entire time behind the log they shared.

Suddenly, Bill stood up, snatching a random glass shard from the grass.

"Swear to it" he said.

"Promise that if it isn't dead... if it comes back to Derry..." he trails off, looking up to all of his friends.

"We will too".

Everyone stands up, and one by one Bill goes around cutting the losers palms.

Eddie was hesitant at first, noticing that the glass shard probably wasn't cleaned or safe for that matter, but he pushed away his fear and let Bill cut at his palm.

Richie was next. He held out his right hand for Bill and he winced and groaned in pain, but pushed through.

Then Alex went. Richie and her still hadn't notice their intertwined fingers so they quickly pulled away and Alex gave the hand to Bill, blushing a bit.

Then it went to Ben, who let out a hard breath. Then Stan, who knows he's had enough but... one more time won't hurt (even though it did very much). Then Mike, who grit his teeth and looked away. Then Beverly, who somehow only winced slightly.

Once all of their right hands were cut, Bill dropped the bloody glass shard and they connected their hands together.

A Blood Oath.

They looked around each other in silence, Alex was actually feeling like she was able to breathe. Like she wasn't suffocating under the watch of IT.

But she knew she might feel something like that when high school starts. That's when stress starts, lonely times start and basically all of the worst of the year starts.

They let go of each other's hands, Richie and Alex doing it slowly, letting their bloody touch linger for a second.

"I gotta go" Stan says, sighing. He looks to Bill, "I hate you" he says.