{27} Heartbreaking

general pov

«previously on the last chapters flashback»

"Mom has Alzheimer's"

Jenny ran off into another room, leaving a frozen Alex speechless.

Did her mom actually have Alzheimer's? Was she actually going to...

forget?

Forget everything?

After a minute, Alex realized that she had been biting her lip the whole time because it began bleeding.

She quickly wiped the blood away, then moved her hand to wipe away the few tears that fell, unknowingly wiping blood onto her cheek.

She couldn't cry. Not right now. Her friends are outside. Hell, It's halloween! She just had to keep it in until halloween was over.

When she finished processing what happened, Alex inhaled sharply and whipped around to the front door.

"No it's A-B-C-E-D-F-G, Ricky" she hears Cameron her little sisters voice say, along with Richies voice disagreeing.

All eyes go on Alex as she steps onto the porch, looking sad but being able to hide it very well.

No tears were on her face, but everyone noticed the blood smudged on her cheek and her lip.

"What the hell-" "Lets go!" Alex said, cutting off Bill and hopping off of the porch, smiling.

The boys looked at each other confusedly before shrugging and following her.

"Everything fine, Alex?" Eddie says hesitantly from behind her. Alex nods, clutching her pillow case hard.

All she really wanted to do ricky then was cuddle into her blankets and cry. Cry a lot. But she knew she couldn't do that.

-

"Be right back guys i'm gonna see if this house is giving out any candies anymore" Alex waved as she ran over to a house with a light on, but no decorations.

It was late, later that she'd expect her family to let her out for, but she didn't mind.

Alex knocked on the hard wooden door, feeling it's smooth design with her knuckles. Nobody answered for a while, but she still stood there.

Then, a thought hit her.

Mom was helping me with practicing lacrosse that day, but she hit her head on a fence. She told me she felt dizzy, but I ignored her, thinking she was just being lazy.

It's my fault

The thought hit her like a steel vase filled with bricks falling from a 50 story building. It hurt.

Her already watering eyes widened and she hit her back onto the brick wall beside her, slowly beginning to slide to the floor.

It's your fault, Alex. If you hadn't pressured her into helping you with practice, she would probably be able to remember you in 10 years.