Chapter 17

Sora, Riku and I heard a deafening boom, and it startled me into a squeal. Riku pulled me in to give me a hug.
   "What was that?" Sora yelled as he ran in the direction of the raging boom. Riku and I followed.

   We ran around a corner only to see the wondrous, heart-shaped moon have a dark hole carved into it. A large door appeared in front of the moon, and, of course, we had to step through it.

   As we walked through, a brilliant light clouded our visual perception. Though, when it cleared away, the area just inside revealed itself. I looked down at my feet and saw the bright red carpet that I walked on everyday. I saw the pillars on either side of the room towering over us, and, lastly, I saw the golden throne. However, Xemnas sat there with Xaldin standing by his side.
   "Hey, asshole!" I marched between Sora and Riku and stomped my foot as I stopped. "Get out of my fucking throne!"
   "As you wish." Xemnas stood, though he suddenly disappeared and reappeared beside me. My eyes grew in shock. Xemnas' cheek gently grazed mine. I felt how close his lips came to my ear, for I sensed his warm breath. "Alannah." He whispered as I stood there in astonishment, completely frozen. "We have something in common, you know." I couldn't respond. "We both long for something that seems...so far from our reach." He murmured as his hand slowly slid up my waist. I gasped in total shock.
   "Okay, that's enough!" Riku grabbed Xemnas by his cloak and slammed him to the floor. "What the fuck do you think you're doing? Accept it, Xemnas! Accept the fact that you've lost!"
   "I haven't lost." He disappeared from under Riku and reappeared in the middle of the room.
   "Right. Not yet you haven't!" Sora assembled the Keyblade and walked up next to Riku. Xemnas sighed.
   "You will be her downfall." He murmured quietly. Riku and Sora charged for him. "Xaldin." Xemnas signaled.
   "Right." Xaldin sighed with a sympathetic look on his face. I felt his presence materialize behind me. "Xemnas revealed the truth to me." I stood in anger as I continued to have my back to him. "Queen Alannah, it doesn't have to end this way."
   "Yes it does!" Tears began to fall down my cheeks. "I will never forgive him! I won't!"
   "Well then, since you refuse, I have no choice."
   "Do your worst."