Chapter 20

Sora, Donald, Goofy, Kairi and Riku all stood in a circle as they mourned over my passing. Suddenly, I appeared behind them from a portal that shined a brilliant light. They all gasped in excitement as they ran to hug me. I loved seeing them all, even though I knew it would be for the last time.
   "Hello everyone. I can't stay long. I've come to fulfill my last duty as the queen of Kingdom Hearts, and that duty is, to pass the crown to someone I find worthy. However, I have not come back to crown just one of you, in fact, there are two that stand before me who are more than worthy to assume my position as monarch. Sora and Kairi, do you accept my offer to you?" They looked at each other and then looked back at me.
   "I'm not sure we want to be cooped up in a castle all the time." Sora explained.
   "Sora, I have learned through my journey with you that I don't have to be inside Kingdom Hearts in order to protect it. And besides, I'm the current ruler, so I make the rules. You and Kairi are not required to be in Kingdom Hearts at all times." Sora placed his hands behind his head and smiled.
   "Well in that case, I'll definitely accept your offer."
   "I will too." Kairi remarked sweetly. I smiled at them both as I held my hands out to them. Upon Sora's head appeared a small golden crown that slightly tilted. Kairi's appeared somewhat bigger, but it had a golden glow and tilted as well.
   "Now I have one more thing for each of you. Hold your hands out like this." They lifted their hands as if they were ready to summon the Keyblade. Though, the gift I had for them actually consisted of two Keyblades. The hilts on the Keyblades were shaped like crowns, and the blades themselves had golden streams of light swirling around them. The only difference between them was the color of the blades themselves. Kairi's being silver and Sora's being gold. "These two Keyblades are called 'The Queen of all Queens' and 'The King of all Kings'. I know for a fact that you two won't fail to protect Kingdom Hearts." All of them bowed to me.
   "Thank you, Alannah." Kairi smiled as she stood up.
   "Thank you, and goodbye to all of you. I wish you the best." I turned my back to all of them and I started to walk back into the light.
   "Wait." Riku grabbed my hand. I turned to him and I wanted to cry so bad, but I knew that's not what he wanted to see. Everyone walked away, as they knew Riku and I wanted to be alone. "There's something I never had a chance to tell you."
   "What is it?"
   "I love you, Alannah." I heard those words and I couldn't help but tear up just a little bit. "It wasn't just King Mickey who helped me overcome the darkness. That was you too."
   "Riku," I placed both of my hands on his cheeks and looked him straight in the eyes, "I love you too." Our foreheads connected and our eyes closed. Riku tenderly held my left hand. The light behind me grew brighter, as it prepared to take me back to Tír na nÓg. "Goodbye, my love. I'm sure we'll see each other again some day."

   For the last time, I faded away.