I wanna feel love:Part 2

John's POV

3 years ago -1971

It was raining heavily as we walked down one of the most crowded streets of London. My mood was at it's lowest and the dreadful weather wasn't helping a bit.
It had only been a couple of days since Jane, my girlfriend at the time, broke up with me saying we weren't good enough together. She also abandoned her studies and London city, to go back to her hometown.

We arrived at the bar at 9:30 pm, soaked to the bone. The frozen air made us shiver and I had already regretted my decision of going out and try to have a nice night out. The people around us wasn't anything special and the performing band wasn't as great as my friend had promised. Nothing seemed able to cheer me up that night.

It was shortly after 10:00 pm when another band stepped on the stage when I started enjoying my night there. The way those guys were performing made me think that I wanted to be up there performing with them as well.

The guitar player was the tallest man I've ever seen and the way he was playing was amazing! I couldn't quite see the drummer but his sound was so powerful even though the one who entirely caught my attention was their lead singer. His voice was electrifying, so passionate and so strong! He seemed unstoppable! The bass player, on the other side, wasn't as great as the rest of the group. I thought he was trying to make his presence more noticeable through his appearance and his look than his talent. It seemed to me that he was in a sort of competition between himself and the singer of the band.
Despite this, their music was brilliant and I wished I was sitting somewhere closer to the stage so I could get a better look at them.

Some days later in 1971

"Don't be so nervous John!" my friend Steve told me for the tenth time that afternoon "you're only meeting them today and they're gonna love you!"

It was almost 2 weeks after I had seen those guys perform when I learned that they were looking for a bass player. I contacted them and they invited me to a local bar near their flat to meet me. If everything went well I would soon be auditioned for their band. I hadn't got the chance to hear them play since that night but that memory was still very much alive inside me.

"Tomorrow they're gonna see that you are a great bass player and ta-da! That'll be it! So, stop worrying and try to relax!"

I arrived there on time and I spotted the tall guitarist right away.
"Hello! I'm John!" I was trying to sound and look confident enough "we spoke on the phone yesterday!"

"John hi! I'm Brian and this is Roger the drummer" Brian shouted to be heard.

"Nice to meet you, John!" Roger smiled kindly and offered me a seat at their table. "Freddie is somewhere here, too. You'll meet him soon" he told me.

We were talking for some time about general stuff, drinking our beers when my eyes caught him coming over, hastily but still in such an elegant manner a supermodel would envy. Dressed in a pair of tight, white jeans and a tight, white t-shirt with red stripes and a slightly deep v-neck and having a deep red, velvet scarf draped around his neck...he looked gorgeous!

I took a heavy breath as I felt stupefied by his appearance, by his aura.

Have you ever felt what people describe as 'everything froze and the time stopped?'
Yeah.. I was feeling like this when I was watching him approach us.

No one I've ever met till that day looked like him, no one till this very day to be precise. Stupefied is an understatement...

"Hello dear! I'm Freddie Bulsara!" he chanted and took my breath away. Effortlessly. "You must be John!"