I wanna feel love : Part 6

John headed upstairs, yearning to have a long, hot bath and then put on his pajamas, but he craved, even more, to see Freddie again. Wishing not to interrupt anything between him and Mary, he braced himself and walked to his room only to find the door wide open. Freddie wasn't in his bed. He got downstairs again 'where the hell are they?' he groaned taking a beer from the fridge and entering the sitting room, in total silence. He sat there for a moment, holding the beer in his hand when his eyes fixed on a strange shadow on the wall next to the fireplace.

"What is-" he started as he approached slowly to see Freddie sitting on the floor, completely hidden by the armchair, staring at the fire as if being hypnotized.

"Hey, you" he whispered not wanting to startle him. Freddie, nonetheless, shuddered with horror and gaped at him with wide eyes.

"John!" he screamed, "you scared the hell out of me!"

John smiled widely without saying anything.

Freddie let out a long sigh of relief and rubbed his eyes with his fists. "What are you doing here, dear?" he asked again.

"All the departures got canceled.." he said with a side upturn of his lips "it's awful out there really...How do you feel?" he asked, placing himself next to Freddie.

"I'm..I'm ok I guess" Freddie smiled "I feel better actually"

"That's good" John smiled "where's Mary?"

"She..she left. She had to do something"

"She did? She told me she would stay here..till Monday at least until the guys come back" he said feeling genially relieved of not seeing them together. But at the same time, he thought of Freddie burning from fever, having no one to make him a cup of tea or a soup and groaned as, unwittingly, he felt a twinge of guilt accompanied with annoyance. "And.. you were here alone.." he muttered.

"It's ok Deaky.." Freddie nodded "let's not cry over this, dear". He patted John on his knee, "shall we keep the fire?" he asked.

John nodded and got up to get some logs to put in the fireplace. Freddie helped him -he carried two logs!- and once the flames grew bigger and hotter, they both relaxed in front of the fireplace again, relishing the newborn warmth on the cold night.

"How's your fever?" John asked after a while, turning his gaze to Freddie.

"I think I'm hotter than ever!" he joked. He turned his eyes on John and saw him chuckle. Freddie kept his eyes on John's face and studied him for some moments. His white, smooth skin, his thin lip line, his gentle eyes.. 'they fit perfectly John's character' he thought immediately and smiled 'Just as gentle, as lovable and as innocent as Johnny is'

He blinked as he felt a wave of embarrassment take over him and he thought he turned even redder than before; when his fever was high. He licked his lips nervously "because of the.. heat I mean.." he added some seconds later and averted his eyes from John's face when John turned his face to him.

"Lucky me.." John courageously whispered, overcoming the language barrier and making an attempt to flirt Freddie as never before. He saw him flash him a dimpled grin and he smiled back warmly.

"I'm starving. Have you eaten anything?" he asked Freddie.

"Just a cup of tea and some biscuits"

"Ok let's make dinner and test your temperature, to be sure you're fine" he patted his knee and got up, with Freddie following him in the kitchen.

"What are you gonna cook?" he teased; receiving a side glance from John.

"We" John started raising his eyebrows "are gonna have homemade pizza. There must be dough in the freezer" he said opening it. 'Yes!, here it is!"