Chapter 10 - Pride

Saint Josiah

" Mommy's baby is sick?" Ambrosine spoke to Logan pouting. Logan just stared miserably.

We left out the bedroom and proceeded to head out. Ambrosine flung the door open and we both stopped in our tracks as Natalie stood with her fist balled in attempt to knock on the door.

" Oh. Even better I didn't have to knock. Nova you ready?" She picked her up kissing her cheek.

" Nova isn't going anywhere with you shawty so put her down."

" Excuse me?" Natalie looked at me like I was crazy and I'm sure I exchanged the same look.

" You heard me shawty, get off my girl property."

" Will do, with my child"

She proceeded to grab Nova and I aggressively grabbed her wrist but quickly let go when I realized my own strength.

" Where the fuck you think you going shawty? You not about to tell me when I can and can't see my child Lee. We laid down and made her together not just your ass. She has two parents! Get that shit through your thick ass skull!" I yelled and proceeded to press my finger against her head roughly.

" Okay no, we aren't about to do this right here with this door wide open or at all for that matter. Natalie come in please and talk to him. Saint keep your hands to yourself!" Natalie proceeded to roll her eyes as she walked into the house and Ambrosine locked the door taking both girls to the living room.

" Nah don't try and move her! I'm taking my child and I'm going! He wanna be bugging out in the streets than so fucking be! I will not have my daughter questioning where her dad is every time he wants to leave and not say shit! I'm tired of making up sorry excuses for your weak ass!"

" You better lower your tone before I hurt your feelings b." I firmly spoke.

" What you need to do is tell me and Ambrosine why you really left! You owe it to us as the mothers of your children! We lied to our daughters for months Saint Josiah, MONTHS! Not a call or a fucking text? You're a pathetic excuse for a fucking father. You missed birthdays, graduations and just waking up to Nova every morning! For what? Some fucking drug game? You really put drugs before your family?!" She spoke yelling and crying. I've never seen her like this and I didn't like this shit at all.

" What you just called me?" I clenched my jaw trying not to get mad. Right now would be a perfect time for Ambrosine to use her charm to get me away from Natalie. I feel like I'm about to explode and take my anger out on this broad.

" Give me my child!"

" You need to go Natalie." I spoke firmly as Ambrosine walked back from the living room sighing.

" Can you both please not yell in this house? I don't want any cops knocking at my door. You two are more than welcomed to talk things out but don't shout in here." She spoke dryly as she walked over to the kitchen. I heard her fiddling in cabinets but my mind my focused on handling Natalie.

" Tell her! Tell her why you left!" Natalie yelled once more disregarding what Ambrosine asked

" You left your children over some fucking drugs!"

" NO I DIDN'T!"

" YES YOU DID!"

Ambrosine stood leaning against the counter staring at us in disappointment.

" You're so pathetic! I can't believe you're the person Nova is supposed to look up to!"

" You've changed but I never thought you'd let money overpower family! Just greedy selfish and fucking sneaky!"