Ball

"Kathrine the limo is not a buffet quit eating there is food at the ball." My mom reprimanded me as I was placing the lid back on the nuts. Explaining why I slept away from home was easy last night. I told them I spent the night at Emma's a random girl from school and of course they bought it. I was sore and completely famished after I woke up. I still do not feel like I've eaten enough and I want to die.

River had made me food after we woke up in each other's arms. I know it's wrong but it felt so right to be with him in the morning. To see his eyes first thing. His arms around me. His dick plunging in and out.... did I not mention we had sex again and then another time. I was so sore and tired I slept till 2 and he had to bring me coffee to make sure I'd be able to attend the ball.

"Good for the ball." I rolled my eyes and she glared at me with the mom look. "Fine." Did I also mention I was not in a good mood because I'm exhausted?

I stayed quiet for the rest of the trip. The ball consists of 4 other gangs that we are allies with. We get together to renew our contracts and discuss our biggest enemy we face together. The Desmond Gang. Normally we aren't supposed to have it for another 4 years? I have suspicions of my dad but I can't do anything about it without my proof.

When we finally pulled up I walked out careful not to get my dress caught in the door. I walked alone to the large doors where we wait to be announced. My legs were sore and I was praying I didn't have a major limp.

"Kathrine Reigns of the Kings." The man yelled loudly and all eyes came to me as I descended the stairs. Justice came forward and we walked to the corner where we chill or we call the VIP section. We have it corded off and everything. It's a massive fight with the organizers to section off that spot for us but with a little money it's become no problem.

"So see any guys I could smash?" She asked and I shrugged and pointed to a random guy. The room was boring, older people talking amongst themselves while slow jazz is played in the background.

"He's really hot from behind." I looked him over and she giggled. The man is tall and his hair looked really good, his suit was top of the line and definitely expensive.

"I'll save that one for you." She laughed leaving me alone. God she's so cryptic. I roll my eyes grabbing a drink from our minibar we asked for and take a swig.

"What does that mean?" I asked and when I looked at the man who turned around it was, River?

He made eye contact with me and I was frozen to the spot as was he it seemed. I better not be seeing things, this man was in bed with me like 3 hours ago?

"River?" I whispered and looked around me then back at him. I did not expect him here. At all.

He was taking long strides to get to me. When he finally made it to a foot in front of me he grabbed my arm and began to drag me across the room.

"River let go." I tried yanking my arm from his grasp but he kept his hold firm. "I can't handle another round!" He was swearing under his breath, we got a couple looks but most would think I'm just a wife that acted out.

"Kate it's too dangerous to be here come on." River walked down a hall and brought me to his chest. "Also, I think if you tried..." I heard the playfulness in his voice and I smacked his chest.

"What do you mean?" I ask as he begins to run pulling me with him and I stumble from the heels I was forced to wear.

"My fathers a mafia leader, I lead one of the leading gangs here. I came to sign a peace treaty but my father decided to attack tonight." River picked me up with no issue and ran us down a corridor to the back exit where a car was waiting for us. He placed me in the passenger seat. "I called all my members coming to not come and I tried to warn your father and everyone but they wouldn't listen. I had to get you out."

"My sister, my mom." I feel tears pool in my eyes and River gives me a sad look. He drove and I cried silently until he stopped in front of his extravagant mansion.

"Can we go back?" I begged and he sighed running a hand through his hair. He was conflicted and I knew I was putting him in a compromising position.

"My soul priority is to make sure you're safe. Your father will have most likely taken them to safety." He says that and that's all I can hold on to. I pray that he's right, maybe god will have mercy?

River got out and came to my side getting me out too. I followed him inside and up his stairs to his room smelling like him. River turned around and looked at me.

"Kate I'm so sorry." He whispered and I cracked falling into his chest sobbing. I had been holding it in, I didn't want to break down, I'm not weak.

"They could be dead." I sobbed into his shoulder and he rubbed my back letting me soak his suit jacket. I felt slightly guilty for his expensive suit but he didn't complain so I wasn't gonna change.

"I know mi amore." River kissed my forehead and I slumped against his chest. He lifted me up and set me on the side of the bed.

He reaches down and undid the dress. It fell to my hips and he lifted me pulling me up so I wrapped my arms around his neck and legs around his waist.

"It will be okay baby, we're gonna fix this. We will find your parents and sister. I'll make sure it turns out safely." He kissed away my tears and I nodded leaning into him. He set me on the bed and walked into his closet. I picked the dress up and draped it across the chair.

River returned with a tee shirt. He was wearing nothing but sweats and a pair of Calvin's. Had I not been in a very stressful situation that I still have my mind on I would have gone for another round. I pulled the bra from my body and slipped the shirt overtop of me. He laid down and I went next to him. I just want to sleep and face the night mares in the morning.

He pulled me close to his body and threw his arm over my waist holding me to him. He placed his head in the crook of my neck and brought the other arm under my waist holding one of my hands to my chest. River pulled the blanket over us and I cuddled a little more but fell asleep soon after while River said sorry pressing kisses to my temple.

"Should we wake them?" Someone asked from inside the room and I cuddled into my warm pillow even more. I felt Rivers breath fanning my face and he had a hand on my lower back pressing me firm against him. The other hand was the arm I had my head on the rest of the arm went past my head. I felt a kiss placed on my forehead then River lifted his head.

"Get out of my room or I will kill you." River threatened and the door shut. There were loud mumblings from behind the door but I just didn't have the energy to care at the moment.

"So authoritative too early in the morning." I whispered rubbing my eyes then looking up at River. He was so attractive all the time, it's not even fair.

"Hey there mi amore, how are you feeling?" River brushed a stray hair from my face. I thought for a moment, yesterday was so confusing, the day was amazing but then the night had so many emotions running through me?

"I feel weird. I know I should be furious and sad about my family and being away from them. Yet, I'm just so comforted to be with you." I pulled my head to his chest and he rubbed up and down my back soothingly.

"Should we go to your house?" River asked and I nodded not wanting to let go of him though. "Come on." He got up and I followed him to his closet where he handed me a sweatshirt of his.

I walked into the bathroom with my bra from last night. I got dressed and pulled my birks from my purse which I was carrying last night. I grabbed my phone and saw that I had no messages which scared me. I walked into the closet and found a pair of his nike sweats and I slipped those on over my underwear. I pulled the shirt he gave me last night off and left the sweatshirt on.

River came out of the closet in a dress shirt and jeans. His sleeves are rolled up and he made eye contact with me. Funny how I'm dressed like I'm staying in and he looks like he's going out on a date? I got up and followed him down to his car which we were in last night.

I got in and got really scarred and became shaky. River looked over and placed a hand on my thigh reassuringly. I looked over and gave him a sad smile before returning to my jittery state.