Decision

"What is it you want?" My mom demanded and I grabbed onto Rivers hand in desperation. Suddenly the thought of my entire childhood being a lie and a front pushes into my brain.

"It's okay Kate I've got you." River whispered in my ear and I nodded ever so slightly. The thoughts didn't leave but I couldn't do that to myself right now.

"Can we please work this out?" My father begged, his knees hit the floor and he held onto the bars. Pathetic.

"Why should I give you another chance?" She asked in disgust, my mother was strong. She will know what she needs and how to survive.

"I'll do anything. I promise. I just need you more than I thought." My father pleaded and I couldn't watch it. It's my moms decision but I have too many feelings right now. I began to walk away.

I walked up the stairs and found Dante in his room asleep. Such a small bundle and he's made himself my world. I admire each and every small and large detail about him.

"Hi bub." I sat on the floor looking at him laying in his crib. He will sleep in a bassinet in our bedroom during the night. "Mommy loves your dad so much."

"And dad loves mommy just as much." River announced and I looked at him. I opened my arms. River rushes forward and scoops me into his arms allowing me to let soft small tears fall onto his shoulder.

"Please, I never want that. Ever. Please. Promise me." I whisper through tears and he rubbed my back reassuringly.

"I promise Katy. I promise. I will love you. Like a man should. Like I promised when I proposed. Like our wedding will solidify. Like when I wanted to ask you at school. I will be here depending on you like you depend on me. Stabilizing this family. Keeping us together." He kissed my lips and I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck. We just rocked back and forth for a while soothing each other.

"I should go talk to my family." I hummed leaning on Rivers chest. His heart beat gave me butterflies and I smile warmly.

"Yeah. I have a little bit of business to deal with." River rubbed my back and we both watched our creation sleep in tranquility. His soft breathing and small movements are just so wholesome.

I felt River rise and he helped me up. I followed him down with a baby monitor. I found Helios, Jake, and Scar all chilling in our game room playing monopoly.

"Hey there Kathrine." Helios greeted and I smiled sitting next to him and Scar. They both hugged me and I began to acknowledge the discomfort from childbirth.

"I'm really sorry guys." I announced and they all looked at me. I frown, I don't like being to blame for most everything.

"Why would you be sorry?" Jake asked and I sighed looking down at my dress. My head was trying to form words, I'm just so overwhelmed and my life has just been so focused on me and this baby and River.

"I just. I got so wrapped up in River and I, I got careless." I sighed and Helios shook his head, he side hugs me to reassure me.

"He's the father of your child. Y'all are engaged. In our book we couldn't be happier." Helios rubbed my back and I nodded, I feel better at least a bit better. There's more than just my issues though, and it's shown by the deep frown my sister has.

"Scar are you okay?" I asked and she shook her head. I understand how she feels, everything, maybe more.

"I am so confused. Do I want mom and dad back together or should they stay apart?!" She announced in distress and I sighed, we never know. I personally want him as far away from our family as we can get.