Chapter 11 (Entertaining)

It took me a while to move when my eye opened to Loki's sleeping face, it's cute to see his sleeping face. I haven't seen his face so peaceful in years.

I decided to sit up off his lap and let his continue to sleep. I looked on the floor to see my book open with the words catching my eyes as I picked it up and reading the first page, I realised after the first two paragraphs that this is the favourite part in the book.

She walked closer to him as he stared at her, he was scared she had be gone for so long, so long with out her voice. Everything was rushing through his head, the memories of when he found out there minds were conjoined and he could track her if she was lost.

But something wasn't right, he should have found her a long time ago. She had done something, something to disconnect them from, it wasn't her fault, it was to protect him and her kingdom. As she walked closer he saw something different another scar, it was across part of her her neck and throat, her breathing was out  of sync and he appeared in front of her as they embraced each other.

"What happened." He blurted out feeling her arms wrap around his back, not wanting to let him go. 

"It's not over. He is gone and his family his fighting back. I had to cut off our connection, he got to me and through my head I couldn't let him get to you." She replied, her words unclear due to her tears and emotions.

"Your brothers wish to speak with you, they are sick of you disappearing and not saying anything about where you keep going. You must tell them about what he has done to you and he must-" He was cut off to her hand covering his mouth with hers, but it wasn't long before she pulled away and they were left staring  at each other with smiles. 

"I want to deal with that later, you have waited long enough for me to return"

I felt hands crawl down my sides, to my hips and further down before I turned and went to hit whoever was there before they caught my wrist and slammed there lips against mine. My eyes opened to see Loki's before I was laying on the ground with him on top of me. 

"You know exactly what happens after that." He smirked at me before I laughed and closed the book with my hand and tried to hit him to push him off me.

"No, I am not doing that, you know you will have to wait a lot longer then that. It takes up 'two' many books" I replied and put up two fingers in his face. He soon got it and laughed and shook his head. 

"Well 'four' some reason they take to long." It was my turn to laugh and shake my head. 

"Surprised you actually read my books and find them entertaining." I smiled and watched him stand up and reach down a hand to help me up, but instead he thought of a quicker way and put his arms around me  while carrying me to the dining room.

"Something humans eat." He looked at me as I slightly cringed "Don't like it?" He asked and I shake my head

"No, I'm thinking of something you would like that won't make you feel uncomfortable." I replied as he put me down and looked around to see what was available before I had an idea. "Want to help me cook?" I asked with a wicked smile as he nervously nodded.

After a long amount of time of cooking, we had our chocolate filled pancake in front of us. "So these are pancakes?" He asked and tilted his head while staring at them. "Yes, although they also have an ingredient called chocolate inside of it. I have had some before and they taste delicious, so I wanted to see if you would like to have some and see if you enjoy them too." I said with a smile, but before I knew it I turned around and they were gone. Loki ate them?

He stared at me with a smile as he chewed on what seems to be the last one. It made me laugh and I started to eat mine while I read the rest of my book, just hope he thought I had skipped that part.

By the time I was done and had the dishes cleaned I was sitting on the couch beside Loki, continuing to read the books that I had borrowed on Midgard from a very polite boy at a library. I helped explain to Loki what the words meant and the expressions that they were making while they did a certain action. Although soon that was all thrown out the window because I found him later reading his favourite book, it wasn't that surprising, I knew he wouldn't survive on so many human things at once.

"Enjoying the book?" I heard Loki's soft voice in the background while I was imagining the human book in my mind.

"Yeah the book is nice but I still need to learn some of the... human context to have a better understanding." I replied and soon raised an eyebrow to his question. "Are you curious about the book?" I asked as he shook his head.

I have no intention on ready a book I do not understand thoroughly," He said taking his eyes off of the books we had in our hands, letting them slowly drift to the book Loki read to me last night, what I tried to read this morning and what I eventually finished during our breakfast. "you have a great reaction to that book every time I see you reading it." 

My head tilted as we looked back at each other. "I watched you eating after I had finished, I find it fascinating when your face slowly turns red, smile and imagine what is happening in your head. " He smiled and let his eye go back to his book, leaving me to sit there mindlessly thinking about how stupid I looked.

"It is always entertaining."