two

I woke up the next morning to my phone rinigning.

"Hello?" I said in my groggy morning voice. Cut me some slack. It was 7am and I was out with Connor until like 4am.

"Sup sister." My sister Brittney said way to enthusiastic at 7am.

"Oh hi." I started. I began to rub my eyes and swing my feet over the side of the bed.

"Why are you calling so early?" I asked. 

"I just thought I would let you know that mom is hosting a family reunion at 12 o'clock today." 

"She what? And she didn't tell me?!" I exclaimed. 

"Yeah she says where something nice, make it look like you weren't up at 4am." 

"How did you kn-" I got interrupted. Her and my mom have that in common. They never let people finish what they were trying to say.

"James (I think its James oops) and I wanted to go star gazing at 3am. I saw you there but with someone else. Explain later. But feel free to bring this little character of yours to the reunion." I could already picture her and my mom interrogating Connor.

"Thanks for the offer, but i think I'll pass on that one. Plus, i don't think his girlfriend would fancy that very much."

"Okay what ever you say." That was the last thing she said before hanging up on me. Whats with people and hanging upon me lately?

I decided since I'm already up might as well get ready for this stupid family reunion thing. I got up and just put on a work out outfit . I went out and ran. Once I got home I took a shower and put on something casual for right now. I checked the time on my phone before i went to Starbucks to get a coffee. Its still way to early for this.

I ordered my drink in the drive-through since once again, it is way to early. After that I decided to head over to the mall to buy a dress. All the ones that I have in my closet look the same. Beauty guru problems I guess. 

I decided to get a floral one with lace at the bottom and match it up with some little brown boots.

I got back to my apartment a it was about 11. I got dressed into my new dress, curled my hair, and found a wristlet I could carry so I didn't have to bring a purse that I would just fill up with useless junk anyways.

It was about 11:45am so i started driving over there. Just as i was backing out of the driveway my phone started ringing. I didn't look at the caller ID because I thought it would just be my mom or my sister reminding my either to wear something nice, or not to be late. Nope. I was wrong.

"What mom?" I answered kinda irritated. 

"Huh?" The other male voice said on the line. I could reconize that voice anywhere. Connor. 

"Oh sorry." I said facepalming myself for being stupid. 

"Its Connor. I was wondering if you wanted to come over." 

"Sorry, I can't" I said trying to sound sympathetic. Ever since I found out Connor has a girlfriend I've been trying to distance myself. 

"And why is that?"

"Family reunion." I annonced simply. I just wanted this call to end already. 

"Oh those stupid things?" he chuckled.

"Okay but you should be excpecting a visitor at 8 o'clock tonight." 

"Sure." I said doubting he would show up at my apartment. 

Then I hung up. 

At the reunion