VII

I was wondering why my frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me..

Cody POV

October 12, 2016

10:05 AM

It was awkward as we all sat on a seat out on the porch. Isabel's ex boyfriend was cute as hell. He was extremely pale, his green eyes always hooded. He had almost white blonde hair that hung in his face, but was nicely trimmed in the back.

"We don't attack people to gain my attention," Isabel had spoken to him like he was a toddler. He looked like a scolded puppy, but only for a few seconds. His chin was obviously held high. He had an important status, I could tell. He spoke as if he had been alive for centuries, normally speaking with a vocabulary I was no where near having. But he tried to speak as if he were born the same year as me.

My dad, well, he was just passed out on the chair because of shock. When you get kidnapped by Edward from Twilight and a couple of "monsters" hop straight out of the bible and knock on your door, you aren't really going to be having a great time.

Isabel and her ex worked together to place my father on a bed while I watched from the doorframe. I felt a tinge of sadness when I saw how he looked at her. He looked up to her and cared for her, but Isabel wasn't reading the same book or speaking the same language. The look she gave him was of disappointment, which only made me wonder, what happened between them?

  "So are y'all leaving?" I asked. Isabel glanced at me.

  "Hate to break it to you but you're coming too," she stated. I felt my stomach drop. "But why?" I argued.
  "You're having visions of us and know the layout of our house, you have heard stuff you shouldn't have and know we have a God on our good side," she explained.

  "That's not fair," I complained. A feeling of annoyance and anger was pitted in my stomach, but I didn't feel like fighting.
  "It won't be fair when that demon who attacked you has friends that come murder all of you," she countered. Her multicolored eyes pierced into mine and I felt myself mentally placing herself above me in the dominance scale. I looked at my dad on the bed and back at her ex.

  Ellie gave me a sad smile and patted my back. "It's okay. You can talk to them still, we aren't keeping you prisoner. At least to a certain extent." I liked Ellie. She always went out of her way to make me feel better. Isabel was just a big old meanie.

We were in the car, Isabel driving and the boy, who was named Atlas, sat in the passenger. I sat behind him and Ellie sat behind Isabel. Ellie had taken my hand and was playing with it, putting different rings that were stashed in the pocket behind the drivers seat. I relaxed as her fingers brushed over my palm.

I shouldn't have been relaxed, in my opinion. We had hot wired a car and were already nearing a portal room location. Not to mention a demon was practically holding my hand.

We had arrived at the secret portal room and told Atlas goodbye, Isabel literally had to shove him in the portal. "He will be at home with his herd of vamps now."

We had gone through a portal that seemingly went nowhere, it had no coordinates and was clear. It actually landed in an extremely familiar location, what I presumed to be their home. After a while of looking around the huge maze I decided I was hungry.