IX

One minute I held the key, next the walls were closed on me.

Cody POV

October 14, 2016

7 AM

  "How am I supposed to know how to draw a nipple?" I heard Ellie shouting from the kitchen. My wobbly legs took me down the hall and I stopped in the door frame. Ellie and Gun sat beside each other on the kitchen island, both leaning over a piece of paper and snickering. "Haven't you ever looked at yours?" Gun teased. I ignored them and gripped my hurt shoulder, expecting pain. It felt completely normal. Whoever healed it last night, I love you.

  "Cody, baby, you're awake!" Gun smirked. My breath caught in my throat, but I quickly recovered. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the island, pulling a chair from under the table.  I sat down and looked at what they were working on. My eyes widened and I covered them with my hands. Sweet baby Jesus.  "Why are you drawing a naked picture of him?" I cried.

"It's nothing bad! I'm just learning anatomy," Ellie said, gripping my wrists and pulling my hands away from my eyes. I looked anywhere but down. Gun looked offended for a second, but began smirking.

"If he looks at it he might fall for my looks," he snarked.

"No I just don't want my eyes to vaporize. My eyes are pretty important you know?" He opened his mouth, about to talk, but closed it. His lips fell into a pout and he rested his cheek on his hand. Ellie slowly drew a T-chart on the piece of paper and wrote Cody on one side and Gun on the other. She slowly drew a tally mark on my side.

He shot her a glare, then shifting his gaze to me. "Bitch," he hissed. Ellie let out the loudest gasp I had ever heard. I giggled. "That doesn't count."

"He said a bad word!" Ellie screamed at the top of her lungs. I about jumped out of my skin, looking up at Ellie who was now standing on the chair.

  "I am literally hundreds of years old I can say what I want!" Gun argued, trying to get her down. Ellie smacked her hand on the side of his face, pushing him away. She continued to squeal and resist him. "You're going to wake up little sister," he hissed, literally picking her up. His cheek mashed into her hip, Ellie almost touching the ceiling.

  And then she reached down, hands ready to grasp. Her hands landed right on his head and suddenly began to pull up. Gun let out a loud, girly scream and almost dropped her on the spot. Next thing I knew a half asleep Isabel was in the middle of it, pushing them apart.

  "Let go!" she barked. I tilted my head. Is this how siblings were supposed to act? Even though they were hurting each other, they knew each other's limits. Emily and I always just talked, but it was dull. She always seemed too busy for me. Never looked me in the eyes, never played. Should I feel bad for not worrying about them? Especially when i'm practically MIA? 

  Maybe I was just growing up.

___

  "Alright hotshot," Gun smirked. "You're on team Winterlee now, that means you fight enemies with us." He held the sword in two hands and held it out to me. My hands tingled with excitement and I tried to contain my stupid grin. I slowly grabbed it's black handle and Gun immediately dropped his hands.

  I huffed as the swords full weight pulled me down. I landed softly on my but and looked up at him. He had his lips pursed and hands on his hips. "Why is it so heavy?" I complained, slowly and shakily lifting it up to him. He took it happily and played with it, spinning it in his hands. I can't even do that with a pencil.