XVII

Gun POV

"Isabel move your surprisingly big butt!" I yelled behind me. Isabel wobbled on her bad foot. Blisters had formed on the top and bottom of her feet and she didn't really want to move. I looked back and she glared at me with her all too familiar eyes, a dark demeanour devouring her face.

Her tension made me want to try and crack a few jokes and fake laughs, just by default. I hated the vibe her bad moods produced, hatred hitting you in waves. She had always been like that since she was little. Year 2006. In Satan's castle, near the cage. Witches show up with a little six year old. Isabel was full blood demon, which is almost impossible to find. At least the little ones, we all were old as heck and weren't interested in reproducing. I was lust and I didn't even want children, I never did. When I was younger, I was the hit it and quit it type. Isabel was a special case, so much in fact I knew Satan would want to raise her like other demons to fight for him.

Isabel had managed to wobble up beside me and I grabbed her hand. I kidnapped Isabel after a week of knowing her and took her to our house now. I always thought Isabel would think of me as a father, since I practically raised her. But she always saw me as a brother or more of a best friend. It was like she was incapable of thinking of someone as a parent. She looked at Dolos, who we do consider a friend, as someone below her. She was so high up, but so down low at the same time.

Isabel suddenly jerked me forwards, hobbling like an old man on a mission. I looked up and saw a few camels in the distance, their riders heading directly towards us. I clicked my dry tongue against the roof of my mouth and began running with Isabel. I jerked her forwards and waved an arm. "Hey help us! Were hurt!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I could feel Isabel literally dragging in the sand behind me. I looked closer and saw it was a group of women and they carried long spears, wearing clothes that screamed rich egyptian lady from a couple hundred years ago.

"Is this a reenactment of the early Dynastic period?" Isabel called out, a confused look on her face. The ladies were now only twelve feet away. The hot sun made everything look trippy and wavy.

"What is Lust doing out here with a mutated dog?" one of the women, who looked like the leader said cooly. Her tan skin radiated in the sun. She hard dark brown eyes and extremely dark hair. Her hair was put up with many gold pieces put in it. Her ears had many gold earrings down the edge of them and her neck also had a lot of gold jewelry. She wore lose, almost Aladdin like clothes.

"Do you think they know what twitter is?" Isabel whispered in my ear. They all stared at Isabel blankly. We have been here for literally thirty seconds and Isabel already found a way to make people mad.

I glanced at the women. They all clearly were related somehow. They looked the same, but different. They had different skin tones, different eye colors, different hair colors, and just different races mixed in. I didn't know who they were, even in my hundreds of years alive. "Who are you?" I asked, ignoring Isabel.

"Amazons, obviously," the leader spoke. I thought they like became Samaritans or something.

"You must be Thalestris then," I realized, trying to look innocent and like I totally wasn't thinking about stealing a camel and running. "I'm guessing making babies with Alexander the Great didn't quite work out," I smirked. I knew the Amazon's history. They were women fighters from Greece. They kidnapped men and used them to produce children, killing them after. That's why they looked different. I'm guessing after the end of the Roman Empire and all that they just went abroad. They participated in many wars, like the Trojan war. They even met Achilles himself and had many killed by him.