Chapter Eleven

Opening my eyes, I blinked at the furious light beaming down on my face. I felt a sharp ache in my stomach, and I remembered, I was dead. I blinked hard, trying to regain focus. This wasn't heaven, nor was it hell. I was in my bedroom. I turned my head to the side, and saw my mother asleep, her head resting on my bed, tears stained her cheeks. 

"Mum?" I whispered to her softly. She didn't move. I slowly shuffled out of my bed, easing myself to my feet, steadying myself on my desk. I tiptoed quietly down the stairs, wincing each step at the pains shooting from my stomach around my body. I reached the hallway, and leaned against the burea. Taking deep breaths to control the pain, I trudged into the kitchen. The surfaces had been charred, and the walls blacked by the raging fires that come from the fateful fight I endured. I backed out and walked into the living room.

"What are you doing up Ella?" The familiar tone of Mr Corelli's voice filled my ears.

"You said you'd come." I stated, afraid of his reaction.

"That is why you are still alive." He retorted. 

"What happened? Who was she? Where is she? Why was she here? Why aren't I dead? Why am I not at a hospital?" I had so many questions, they all came flying out at once.

"That woman you met, she's Lilianna, one of the most powerful members of the fire clan." I nodded. "She came here looking for you. She was told to get rid of you before you developed. She fled when I came, we tousled, but she started to run out of energy, so she ran. You're not dead because she left. I had enough time to ring Dr Michaels, before you blacked out completely. We managed to bring you back, but you lost a lot of blood. You've been out for days."

"Days?!" I spoke loud, misjudging the volume completely. " What about school?" I hushed a bit, not wanting to unsettle my mother.

"We rang, and we also told that boy of yours that came round that you were very sick. Oh, and Miss Hamilton." He cleared his throat.

"What happens now?" I mumbled.

"We train you faster than we originally thought we'd have to. Then, well, we'll discuss that when you're ready..." He solemnly stated.

"I understand." 

"I'm proud of you. You may look like your mother, but you're definitely like your father." He smiled softly. He was quite attractive for an older man when he smiled. 

"Thank you. It means a lot." I smiled, and set off upstairs. 

I retrieved my phone from the bathroom, and rang Ash. "Hello?" 

"Ella?!"

"Yeah, sorry about the last few days, I've been on strict bed-rest." 

"Yeah, your uncle said. What was up anyway." 

"I don't really know, I was a bit faint, and I passed out, but I don't really know the full details!"

"Sounds shit. You coming back to school at some point?"

"I hope so. I'm real bored at home. Have I missed anything?" 

"Nah, everyone's pining after you, especially me. I haven't seen you in like four days!"

FOUR DAYS?! "I'll make time to see you."

"You better."

"I'll have to go now, but I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay. See you soon!" He beamed at me, and the line went dead.

I walked back into my bedroom, my mother hadn't moved since I left, but laying on my pillow was a note, written in red ink;