Chapter One

I woke early, 7:07 am. I always set my alarm to seven past. It's my lucky number. Maybe it'll make my day lucky, though that was a lost hope, my day usually goes from bad to worse, no matter what.

Clawing myself out of my bed, and looked at the damage in the mirror, big black bags, and last night's mascara down my face. Don't even get me started on the birds nest that decided to lovingly settle on top of my head. Usually, I'm a morning person, but today, I just wanted to die.

Hopping into my shower, and let the water wash away my worries of the day ahead. The warm water soothed my muscles, and the sweet scent of my tangerine body wash filled the room. I lathered my hair with lemon scented shampoo, followed by the matching conditioner - lemon's my favourite - then stepped out. I covered my body in a towel, wrapped my hair in one, then brushed my teeth. The first day of school is when people judge you. How much weight you've put on, or lost. How many spots you've got, your hair.

I sat down by my dressing table. My make up was neatly arranged in order of use, and preference. I, once again, looked at myself in the mirror, I wasn't completely hideous, my skin was a pale olive shade, closer to yellow than white, my eyes, were a murky green that faded into a gold as you got nearer the pupil. I had a small, button nose, and relatively plump lips. I was very plain compared to the regular pretty girls. I picked up my foundation and created a base for my hopefully flawless outcome, I dashed a bit of powder to make me look less jaundis. Next, I dusted a small amount of grey shimmer eyeshadow on to my lids, circled my eyes with black eyeliner, and defined with my favourite mascara. My eyes were very oriental anyway, but with make up on, I looked like a Geisha. I added a little burgandy lipstick, and blotted till my lips were a dark pink. My face was finally tolerable. My hair was next in the firing line. I brushed the forming knots in my dark blonde hair carefully as to not tug on my poor scalp, I blasted it with a hairdryer until it was slightly damp, then left it to dry naturally to give it a Californian wave.

With that sorted, I tottered to my wardrobe to pick out my clothes for the day, I was sixteen, and starting my first year of sixth form, so I could wear whatever. Being the girly girl I am, I pulled out my dark denim skinny jeans, a black vest top, and a red check shirt - pure girl or what? Bam. All ready for the day ahead.

I walked down the stairs, and their was no sign of my Mum anywhere, typical. There was a loud beep from outside. I grabbed my bag, keys, and hoodie, then closed the door. Scarlett continued beeping the horn of her car. Wow. She had a bright red, shiny, Honda Civic. To you, that may not be much, but that was more than anything I could afford - though I'd been saving for almost a year. Scarlett had passed her test just a day before, just so she looked 'super cool' in front of all the boys at school, none of which could drive. Her birthday fell on September 2nd, so she was already seventeen, and legally able to drive (I was so jealous of her).

Scarlett was my best friend. She was flawlessly beautiful. She had long flowing red hair, and a strangely beautiful orange tint to her eyes, she was pale, which made her eyes stand out, and skinny. What I wouldn't give to be that skinny. She was always perfectly poised, no matter what. As I said, I was so jealous of her.

Hopping into the passenger seat, and bealted up.

* * * * *

I never know how to start anything, and I never know how to introduce characters. ugh, and it totally sucks!

Sorrrrrryyy!