Chapter 9

A/N: This chapter is for any of you who wanted to tell Odin off for how he treats Loki.

Chapter 9

We had intended to leave in an hour, but a storm blew in so we would have to wait. Tomorrow Clint would be flying Loki and I to his house. Loki and I headed back to my little apartment to pack. We weren't sure how long we would be there. There was much for us to learn and we wouldn't learn most of it till we were actually in battle. We needed to learn to fly together first, so the country where Clint lived would be perfect. Loki went to his room where he kept a few things even though some of his things were spread out through the apartment. I was in my room packing a bag when the apartment shook and was filled with a bright light.

"Lyra!" Loki called running to my room.

"I'm fine Loki, what was that?" I asked placing my hand on his shoulder.

"The bifrost, someone's here," he said taking my hand pulling me to the living room. Thor was already here, who the devil was in my apartment fucking shit up? There stood a guest neither of would ever expect to see, Odin. I pulled Loki closer to me and glared at this man. Neither of us were thrilled. "Father, what are you doing here?" Loki asked walking closer to his father. I stayed standing in front of him. I didn't like the way Odin was looking at him, the energy he gave off. Odin was angry about something and he was going to take it out on Loki. I was right.

Odin was shouting at Loki about something and I stood in front of Loki, protecting him. "YOU FELL FOR A MORTAL! YOU STUPID CHILD! YOU WILL OUTLIVE HER! HOW CAN SHE LOVE YOU? YOU'RE A MONSTER! YOU THINK SHE CAN LOVE A FROST GIANT? WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE YOU REALLY THINK WHAT SHE FEELS FOR YOU IS REAL? DID I TEACH YOU NOTHING YOU WORTHLESS CHILD?!"

Loki was down on the floor sobbing uncontrollably as I wrapped my arms around him. He covered his face with his hands. I was beyond furious. I wanted to hurt Odin the way he had hurt Loki. I was able to feel all of Loki's pain. "HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH THINGS?" I didn't like Odin to begin with, but now, I hated him. "HOW CAN YOU BE SO HATEFUL TO YOUR OWN SON? CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT YOU'RE HURTING HIM? YOU CALL YOURSELF A PARENT? ANY DECENT PARENT WOULDN'T SAY SUCH THINGS TO THEIR CHILD, WOULDN'T HURT THEM LIKE THIS."

The only thing keeping me rooted to my spot was Loki; he had a tight hold on me. If I had been mortal he would have probably broken some bones with how tight he was holding, but being a dragon it didn't hurt. "He's not mine," Odin said causing Loki to sob harder.

I turned to Loki and pressed a kiss to his forehead, "You're mine Loki. You're my family." Loki was crying even harder now. I turned back to Odin, "FUCK YOU ODIN. YOU FOUND HIM, TOOK HIM IN, RAISED HIM; GIVE IT UP, HE'S YOURS. THERE IS ONLY ONE MONSTER HERE AND IT ISN'T YOUR SON! IT'S YOU! NOW TILL YOU LEARN SOME RESPECT AND CAN SPEAK SOME KIND WORDS TO YOUR SON, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE." Odin just stood there, looking at me, shocked into silence. "GET OUT!"

"I'VE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN TO AS SUCH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!" Odin stormed.

"ABOUT DAMN TIME THEN! HEIDMALL, BEAM HIM UP." I helped Loki up and moved us away from Odin. Soon enough the bifrost was opened and Odin was gone. "Don't listen to him Loki, I do love you. I've told you before that we all make mistakes, that applies to you too. I'm not going to judge you for your past and I don't care that you're a frost giant, look at me. I'm part fenris wolf and dragon, to me you are Loki and I love you." I sent him feelings of love over the bond.

Loki couldn't stop sobbing. I pulled him closer to me and started to sing to him, "Dancing bears,

Painted wings,
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings,
Once upon a December.
Someone holds me safe and warm,
Horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory