Chapter 12

A/N: THis is short but you guys wanted an update and I just got my computer back and had some time and an idea so here you go. Hope you like it. And 99-Red-Balloons you asked for an update, here you go. The picture above is Lyra in dragon form.

Chapter 12

The next morning came around and at first I was confused to where I was. This wasn't my bed, or my room. Then I remembered I was at Clint's place so Loki and I could learn to fly. Loki was still asleep beside me, I could smell food cooking in the kitchen and I hoped it wasn't Clint cooking. He could take out a target's eye in the dark but couldn't cook an egg. The food smelled good so I assumed it was his wife cooking. I had been trying to teach Clint to cook as well as Loki. Neither of them were very good at it.

I usually did the cooking and Loki did the dishes. That way dinner didn't get burned. I got up and went to the bathroom down the hall to complete my morning routine and came back to see Loki just waking up. "Morning sleepy head," I said stretching.

"Morning Ly," he replied stretching before getting up. "Something smells good." I hummed in agreement. I pointed him in the direction of the bathroom so he could clean himself up, he didn't like walking around in his sleep clothes like I did. Everyone on the tower had become family and after living on the streets clothes didn't really matter as long as you were covered.

Once ready we went down to breakfast to find pancakes, eggs, and bacon. "That looks and smells amazing," I said coming into the kitchen. My stomach grumbled as I grabbed a glass of milk and a cup of coffee. I picked a spot to sit and Clint brought me a plate and a yogurt. "Thanks Clint," I said. I transformed into something that made the Hulk look like a teddy bear so I ate a lot of food, which was funny because I didn't eat much. I ate very small meals but sometimes ate all day. Thank heavens Tony could afford it.

"You're welcome, eat up," Clint said. He worried about my eating habits a little more than the others. Bruce was at the top of the list; Steve didn't like but understood having grown up rationing food, same for Bucky. That habit was hard to break. I was still annoyed with Tony, he was the only one who hadn't apologized to Loki. It wasn't exactly in Tony's personality to admit he was wrong though.

The kids at breakfast wanted to see me transform and kept begging. "How much have you explained?" I asked Clint.

"I told Laura the two animals you can change into and if it's ok with you the kids can watch."

"I don't mind, but they need to stay on the porch so I know where they are. Do you mind Loki?"

"Fine with me," Loki said.

"Why stay on the porch?" Laura asked.

I turned to face her, "for their safety. I don't want be in one of my other forms and not know they're behind me and step on them by accident. If they stay on the porch I'll know where they are and won't have to worry about them getting hurt." She smiled nodding to me. I was aware of how large my form was, in my wolf form I could step on this house like it was a bug.

After breakfast Loki and I helped clean up and I got dressed. I didn't want to dirty my PJs. I put on a pair of yoga pants and an old t-shirt of Steve's that I had stolen. I was going to be shifting so I needed lose fitting clothes. I slipped into my tennis shoes and headed out, the cold didn't bother me much. I was no longer sure of what state I was in but I knew it was cold outside.

I met Loki where we had been playing yesterday, Clint and his family sitting on the porch ready to watch. "You ready to fly?" I asked.

"Yes, how do I call the dragon?" he asked as I stopped in front of him.

"Give her a name," I replied.

"Isn't she you?"

"She lives in me, she has her own personality, she can take over, much like the Hulk does to Dr. B, but most of the time I will be in control. To call her out so I can transform you have to call her name. I will still respond to Lyra in that form but the dragon needs a different name."

"What about the wolf?" he asked.

"The wolf answers to who the wolf wants, the dragon answers only to you. That kind of relationship requires a name."

Silence fell between us as Loki thought, I waited patiently. I closed my eyes and just breathed, enjoying the clean air that I missed from the ape sanctuary back home. Here there was no light pollution; the air didn't smell like cars and gas, or the city dump. It was green and full of life; this is what the world was supposed to look like. I don't know how long I stood there enjoying the peace of the country side before I heard Loki speak, "Zira."

I opened my eyes and looked at him, "the dragon's name is Zira and I wish to see her."

I nodded, "You might want to take a few steps back," I warned stepping back myself. I got ready to transform, knowing my form would be large. As I started shifting I could feel my bones breaking, growing, changing position, new ones growing. The first transformation was always the most painful. I let out a roar of pain as my body grew, I didn't fight the process that always made it worse. I saw Loki take a step towards me, "Wait," I growled at him, moving away. I didn't know how large I would be at the end of this and didn't want to hurt him.

After about five minutes I was on all fours with wings growing out of my back. Loki looked so tiny in this form. I lowered my head towards him, looking, waiting for something. He stretched his hand out to my face and I bumped his hand with my nose.

Loki's POV

When I thought of a name and looked at Lyra she had her eyes closed. I could tell she was deep in thought as she had let me think. "Zira," I said. She opened her eyes and looked at me. She had watched the Lion King movies with me and I liked the name. "The dragon's name is Zira and I wish to see her."

She nodded, "you might want to take a few steps back," she warned stepping back herself. I did as she asked; legend had always said dragons were large. As she shifted I could hear her bones break and move, muscles tear along with skin. Did it always hurt? Her face was twisted in pain as she let out a deep roar. I took a step towards her, wanting to help. "Wait," she growled at me. I stopped; normally she wouldn't stop me if she was stopping me there had to be a reason.

After several more minutes a dragon stood where Lyra once was and she was huge. I barely reached the wrist of this dragon. Her brown scales matched her hair, on her forehead was a circle with a dot in the middle, and her wings looked like they could cause the same damage as a hurricane. How was I supposed to ride on her back when I could barely reach past her foot? She moved to look at me, lowing her head where I could reach it. I reached out to touch but stopped part way, not sure if I should. She bumped her nose into my hand and I couldn't help but smile.