Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Loki conjured me a shock blanket and I approached Bruce. "Hey Bruce," I said kneeling beside him. I wrapped the blanket around him and pulled him to me. "Come on cos, let's get you out of here." I helped him to his feet and kept my arms around him. I got him into the aircraft and sat him down. I sat down beside him and Loki gave us some space. Soon we were taking off. I kept my arm around my cousin as he remained silent. "You didn't hurt anyone; just scared a few people and so did I." He looked up at me.

"A dragon isn't a very common sight. It's going to be okay Bruce, no one was hurt." He looked at the bruises that were poking out of my shirt. I had a few littering my collar bone area from where he pounded on me. "I'm fine, dragon remember? Both of us are pretty indestructible. I'll heal within an hour." I handed him a bottled water and my phone with some headphones, "I have your playlist on here."

Everyone on the plane was for the most part silent, nearly everyone was in shock over what had happened. Agent Hill was talking to us over video chat. Apparently, the news was loving us. "Which one of you was the dragon?" she asked.

"That would be me," I said from my spot on the floor behind a chair with Bruce.

"You thought it would be a good idea to fly in there as a dragon?" she asked.

"I got my cousin out of there, that's what I was thinking."

"Well, there's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air." At that Bruce tried to pull away from me but I wouldn't let him as I growled slightly.

"They're no touching him," I said. If they thought a pissed off Hulk was bad, wait till they saw a pissed off dragon. Tony asked about his foundation which Agent Hill told him they were already on sight.

"How's the team?"

"Shaken, but fine," Tony answered. Agent Hill told us to stay away, for now, to lay low.

"You mean run and hide?" Tony asked.

"For now, yes, until we find Ultron," Agent Hill replied. Clint was flying us somewhere and Tony was offering to take over for him. Clint told him to get some rest, he was taking us somewhere safe. Loki had come to sit beside me and was asleep against me, my cousin was dozing off on my shoulder, and I too was starting to fall sleep. I think Bucky took a picture, but I wasn't sure, I was too tired to care. I was just glad Bruce was sleeping.

I knew he thought the Hulk was dangerous and people just met the real Hulk, but I disagreed. I read reports of the Hulk and in very insistent, he only attacked when he was provoked. He always tried to get away, he didn't want to hurt people. People just attacked him because they were afraid. The truth was, so was he. Since SHIELD had been disbanded because it had become like HYDRA and infiltrated by HYDRA, I wondered what was going to be done about a dragon being spotted in Africa along with the Hulk. What a news caption.

It was dawn when we landed, and Clint had taken us to his home. I hadn't expected to be back here, at least so soon, I had just left yesterday. As we walked up to the porch Thor asked, "What is this place?"

"Safehouse," Tony answered. I had to bite back a laugh. It was probably very safe, but I'm not sure it would fall under the classic definition of a safe house. When I had gone on the run I lived on the street. Safe was a cardboard box, a trash can turned on its side, up a tree. Clint led us in keeping his arm around Nat.

We all walked in and Clint called out, "Honey, I'm home."

"Again," I muttered earning myself a glare. I just gave him a playful shove. Soon Laura, a brunette pregnant woman came around the corner.