Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Our training continued and the other Avengers continued to go on missions all over the world. They were currently working on taking Hydra down. Needless to say, the team was busy, Clint was gone a lot, leaving me with protection duty of his family. Loki and I had been out for a few weeks training and he was getting the hang of it. I was itching to join the others in battle. I enjoyed flying around with Loki, but I missed the others, I missed the missions.

A few weeks in I started having dreams of a city floating thousands of feet in the air and then falling, killing thousands of people. A metal red-eyed man was to blame for all of this, at his side were a set of twins that would eventually turn on him. The metal man sounded somewhat like JARVIS. That's what scared me, one of Tony's experiments gone wrong. I had this nightmare night after night and woke shouting. I think I was starting to get on even Loki's nerves. I knew I was annoying Laura.

After a month of training we agreed to go back, the missions were getting bigger, something was going on. "Are you sure you're all right?" Loki asked me as we got ready to transport ourselves back to the tower.

"I'm just worried about what's going to happen," I replied. I looked into his eyes and grabbed his hand, "let's go." I was ready to go home. We arrived in the living room of the tower where everyone was drinking celebrating the takedown of Hydra and Tony was mocking the saying about Thor's hammer and being worthy so he invited us all to try and pick it up. I couldn't pass this moment up to make everyone's jaw drop.

I set my bag on the floor and walked over to the circle, "You mind Thor?" I asked gesturing to the hammer.

"Be my guest," he replied. I wrapped my fingers around the handle and pulled. The hammer easily lifted off the table and into my hand.

"How did you do that?" Tony asked.

"Dragon," I replied.

"I'm a genius, why can't I lift it?"

"Because you're also a playboy, millionaire, and philanthropist," I replied.

"What about Cap Popsicle then, why can't he lift?" Tony asked.

"He's lifting it on a dare, not in a moment of need where the hammer can decide if he's worthy or not. I proved my worth to the hammer during the battle of New York." I picked my bag back up and walked to my room with Loki following me.

"You know you can rule Asgard!" Tony called after me.

"Not interested," I called back.

"You don't want to rule?" Loki asked.

I shook my head. "I was taught that we are all equal with equal rights. I don't want people bowing before me while I sit and they carry out my orders. I won't make decisions for them. It's their life to lead, not mine. Besides, I'm not officer material, I wasn't born to lead." I didn't want to be anyone's leader; I didn't want people looking to me. As one of the youngest in the group, I was supposed to look to them.

We got no time to rest however as the tower came under attack from within. It was a red-eyed metal man that was taking control of the tower and everything in it. Tony's suits were attacking us. It was the same metal man from my dreams. "TONY! WHAT DID YOU DO?" I shouted as Loki and I fled my room which just happened to be closest to the lab other than Bruce's room. I had been placed there because he was my cousin.

Loki and I were running from this metal man to get back to the group and hell was breaking loose. Upstairs there were broken drinks and broken glass of all kinds, broken furniture. It was a mess. "What was that?" I asked as the metal man left.

"That was Ultron," Tony said heading over to the computer to reboot the tower.

"What?" I asked.