Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"All our work is gone, Ultron cleared out everything. He used the internet as an escape hatch," Dr. B said. Great, this thing was in the internet.

"He's been through the files, everything. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other," Nat said. This was just fucking awesome. Loki and I come home to a giant mess.

"He's in the internet, what if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asked nursing his shoulder. I wasn't as familiar with Rhodey as the other Avengers but I knew he was an old friend of Tony's.

"Nuclear codes," Agent Hill said. Rhodey repeated her statement to drive it home. That's just what we needed.

"What did he mean by 'a suit of armor around the world'?" I asked looking at Tony.

"Isn't the point to end the fight?" he asked.

"This fight will never be over till humanity can achieve world peace," I replied. People were good at hanging on to their hate. Till people learned to let go and be more accepting of each other, there would always be a need for people like us.

"We need to make some calls, assuming we still can," Rhodey said.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead," Nat said.

"He didn't say dead, he said extinct," Steve spoke up. Steve may seem calm right now but I knew he was pissed. I glanced over at Bucky and he returned the glance.

"He also said he killed somebody," Clint said coming forward.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building," Agent Hill said.

"Yes, there was," Tony said pressing a button on a remote and a hologram of a program appeared in front of us.

"JARVIS," I breathed. I loved JARVIS, he was the one that helped us on missions, watched over the tower at night so we could all sleep easy. I also loved his voice.

"This is insane," Dr. B said moving forward to look at the destroyed program.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense, he would have shut Ultron down it makes sense," Tony said. Everyone in the room was grieving the loss of the AI that had helped us with so many missions and protected the tower.

"No, JARVIS could have assimilated Ultron. This isn't strategy, this is, this is rage," Dr. B said.

Just at that moment Thor stormed into the room and was heading straight for Tony. The look in his eyes told me he was pissed. "It's going around," Clint said.

Thor lifted Tony off the ground by his throat, "Use your words buddy," Tony said grabbing onto his wrist.

"I have more than enough words to describe you Stark," Thor replied pinning Tony against a wall. I pushed Loki slightly behind me, I didn't want the rage spilling onto him.

"Thor, he'll need some air," Steve barked coming forward. Thor dropped Tony but was still clearly pissed.

"What did I miss about this mission?" I asked. "What were you experimenting with?"

"Loki's specter," Thor answered. I felt the color drain from my face.

"You can't mess with that," I said shaking my head as I felt Loki lean into me for support. "You don't know it's power, who it came from. It needs to be locked up off of earth." Loki had told me everything involving how he got the specter, how he met that alien race that attacked the city. Who was behind it. Even among dragons he was feared.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's heading north, and it has the specter," Thor said.

"So, we have to go get it, again," Bucky said speaking for the first time.