[ 6 ]

Lewis smiled broadly after removing the paint from the couch. There were still faint stains left but it was clean. He decided to go to Narco's bedroom where the bathroom was.

He entered the peach colored room. A black bed in the center with a matching nightstand on the right stood out. There was a small closet opposite to it, a shelf stacked with trinkets and souvenirs glimmering. An easel stood proud at the corner of the room with a canvas at the foot. He heard shuffling of footsteps and a click from the bathroom door at the other end.

"What are you doing?" Narco growled, glaring at the man, and threw the towel on the bed.

"N-Nothing!" The man was quick to say but Narco didn't believe him. His eyes flashed when he saw the pale man next to the easel.

"Get. Out." Narco ordered, and shut the door after Lewis had exited. He headed to the canvas and turned it over. He was panicking and very conscious about what he had done.

Lewis might have looked at the painting and thought that he was a creep. That alone made him very anxious and nervous. He tried not to think about what Lewis would say and focused on his breathing.

Can't even keep friends, he thought, running shaky hands through his brown hair. Oh, what would Lewis say and think if he saw him like this, crying with his portrait in hand.

He heard a loud knock at the door and practically threw the painting under the bed. Narco sat there in the corner of his room, deliberating whether to open the door or not. However, when the soft voice of the man he had grown fond of asked if he could come in, he was bolting towards the door.

The pale man sighed in relief and hugged Narco tightly. "Oh, God, I-I—" Lewis breathed deeply and let the man free from the hug. "I thought you were doing something stupid. Oh—" He exhaled, and hugged Narco again. "I'm sorry for that stupid remark. I didn't mean to hurt you, and I'm sorry for entering your room without permission."

"It's not your fault, really," Narco reassured and detached himself from the hug. Suddenly, his eyes glazed over with tears and he spun away from the surprised man.

"What's wrong?" Lewis softly asked. Narco shook his head and felt Lewis approach him with care. "Hey," Lewis said and hugged Narco from behind, wrapping his arms around the thin body fame of the tan man in front of him. It was awfully intimate for strangers. Narco begrudgingly accepted the truth.

"You can talk to me," Lewis said and made him turn around. The scene was heartbreaking to see. Narco's brown eyes were no longer playful but hurt. The tip of his nose was red and he was sniffing constantly.

"No, I don't want to bother you," Narco said in-between sniffles.

Lewis led Narco to the bed and made Narco sit on the edge next to him. "Don't bottle up your feelings, Narco. Trust me, it's not fun," Lewis' voice was almost a whisper. He rubbed Narco's back comfortingly.

"I know. I— It's just—" Narco sniffled and attacked Lewis with a hug he was not prepared for. Lewis was thrown sideways and managed to land on the mattress.

"It's just that you are the nicest person I've met till now and now you're gone—" Narco cried and buried his face in Lewis' shoulder. He was awfully fucking vulnerable and he hated it. He hated the tears stinging his eyes, the craving for affection and touch and buried feelings.

"Gone?" Lewis asked with concern and wondered if Narco wanted him gone. Narco nodded and hugged tighter. "I'm not going anywhere, okay?" He said as if he were talking to a child. Narco nodded his head and let go of the hug.

Lewis could feel a tug on his heartstrings when he heard Narco's words. He was the nicest person Narco had ever met and was afraid of abandonment. He sounded scared and vulnerable. It made him curious about Narco's past but he knew it wasn't his place to pry.