[ 11 ]

Lewis woke up in a grumpy mood. He stretched his limbs before standing up and going to the bathroom.

"Argh, Narco!" He shouted to get the attention of the absent man.

"Yes?!" Narco shouted back, and came running to the bathroom after.

"Toothbrush?" He asked while pointing at the holder.

"Er, wait," Narco said and shuffled beneath the basin.

"Thanks," Lewis gave a tight-lipped smile and took the packaged toothbrush gingerly.

"Breakfast's ready," Narco said, scratching his head and walking out of the bathroom. Lewis closed the door and washed up quickly.

"Narco!" He groaned when he had to call again.

"What now?!" Narco's voice was just behind the door.

"Can you pass me my old clothes?" Lewis asked as he wrapped himself in a towel. He heard Narco groan but the footsteps moved. A soft knock made Lewis unlock the door. Clothes were passed and he dressed up quickly. He went to the living room when he was done trying to tame his hair.

Lewis was greeted by Narco's back. Faint smell of coffee lingered in the air.

"What're you making?" Lewis asked from pure curiosity.

"Pancakes," Narco replied, turning his head sideways to give a grin.

"You know..." Lewis started and blanked out as he stared at the silver of the chimney.

"What?" This snapped Lewis back to reality and he stared at Narco's back, mesmerized. Alright, he was stalling, but could you blame him? It took every ounce of bravery he did not have to say it.

"You make me feel something and... it could be good or bad." Lewis finally said, leaned against the white wall. Narco stopped moving.

"What?" That was the only thing Narco could say at the moment. The shock was too much for him to work through. It was early in the morning and he wasn't caffeinated enough, for fuck's sake.

"I 'like' you...?" Lewis said, unsure about his own words. "Why don't you kiss me so I'll find out?" Lewis suggested. He was being way too bold, and a part of him jumped with excitement — though largely suppressed by nervousness.

Narco rocked on his heels, indecisive. He turned the stove off and walked towards Lewis, his brown eyes looking straight at him. "Can I kiss you?" He asked for a second confirmation. Lewis nodded.

Narco grazed his lips against Lewis' and slowly closed the distance. He was soft and lenient at first, but Lewis was the one who pressed harder as their lips moved together. It was timid, shy, unsure, yet equally needy. He reached behind Lewis and began to caress his back gently. Their hands were touching skin, roaming each other's face and body. They both had to separate for air eventually.

"Holy shit..." Lewis was shaken from the kiss, running his fingers through his wet black hair. He stumbled backwards but Narco was quick enough to catch him.

Narco was very worried when Lewis sat down on the floor, knees bent towards this chest.

"Is now a good time to have a crisis?"

"Go ahead,"

Lewis gave him a watery grin, shaking his head with a laugh. He was edging on panicking. He'd known about his feelings, well aware that the thumping of his heart was far from normal, but he had always managed to deny it. Ignored everything and continued. He'd frozen when Narco had kissed him, like he had done with her, and everything became more real. Unescapable. Intimidating.