Chapter 4- Bitterness

'Daijoubu?! Are you hurt?' a boy exclaimed, rushing over to a girl as she landed on the ground with a loud 'thump!'

'GOMENASAI!' came the simultaneous response from the student who had accidentally pushed her in the heat of the game, roughly knocking her off her feet.

'It's okay! I'm good!' she said, rubbing her elbows.

'Tsch. Futori, please be more aware of your surroundings next time, will ya!' the boy chided the other as he helped the girl up.

'Ah... It's okay, I'm not hurt or anything. Let's not make a fuss over nothing and spoil the mood.' the girl added, waving her hands frantically. The boy grunted, casting Futori an annoyed look before quickly replacing it with a forgiving one as he made his way towards his assigned position.

A few moments later, the game resumed, filling the hall with laughter and shouts once more as the students immersed themselves in the fun, their sneakers squeaking against the laminate floor.

At the sides, another girl watched on, her pretty face concealing the bitterness gnawing at her heart. She frowned at the unnatural concern her classmate had for another. If anything, he was obviously over-reacting. And that annoyance he expressed... Though only for that spit second, the girl clearly saw his glare. She clenched her fist, wanting to convince herself that she was reading too much into it.

But as each day passed, she knew her sixth sense was right. Friends don't look at each other this way. The way the boy had looked at the other, always so attentive and full of affection. Yet her pride would not allow it. She always got what she wanted. This time, she would not back down without a fight. Soon, she would claim what was hers. 

She, the Queen Bee, would finally show the rest who she had been loving.