Time Skip

Six weeks had passed since Yoongi had met Tae. In those four weeks the two became best friends all over again.

In those same six weeks, Yoongi found many more reasons to love Tae.

But, time wasn't stopping for them. Tae had started to discuss about how perhaps a baby will bring more love into him and Linda's marriage. And Yoongi knew that if that baby was born, there was no way he could tear a family apart like that.

Finding the words to tell Tae exactly what was going on was something Yoongi couldn't figure out how to do. With every lunch meeting or pool game over the weekend they had - Yoongi grew more anxious to tell Tae the truth.

Which is why today Yoongi sat on the couch in Tae's living room.

Tae walked out from the kitchen, holding a glass of orange juice and another full of apple juice. He handed the one with orange juice to Yoongi.

"So, Min-jun, what did you want to talk about? It sounded pretty serious." Tae asked as he sat down beside Yoongi on the couch.

Yoongi stared at the orange drink, taking in a deep breath.

"You have to promise to not freak out." Yoongi said softly.

"You're worrying me?" Tae replied in confusion.

"Tae, I can't have you freaking out on me when I tell you this." Yoongi muttered, his heart was beating hard against his chest. With every word, it hit his chest harder and faster than before.

"I won't."
"You have to promise me.
"I promise I won't."
"Swear on it."
"Min-jun, I swear that I won't."

Yoongi looked up from his orange juice, he really was about to tell Tae the truth.

"I guess I should start off by saying that my name isn't Kim Min-jun." Yoongi said weakly. He felt a knot tie in his throat as he spoke, clenching the orange juice firmly in his hand as he choked out the words.

"Then... What is it?" Tae asked, Yoongi could hear the coldness in his tone.
"Min Yoongi." Yoongi choked out, he felt the lump in his throat grow bigger.
"Min Yoongi." Tae replied
Yoongi nodded, preparing himself for the bigger picture.

"Why'd you lie?" Tae asked, he stood up from the couch. "I couldn't tell you who I really was because we were boyfriends and I couldn't just tell you that I had to gain your trust and —"

Tae cut Yoongi off, "What the fuck do you mean we were boyfriend's?"

The lump in Yoongi's throat extended, making Yoongi want to barf. This was it. This was the moment of realization that Tae had forgotten completely.

"W-we dated for years, Tae." Yoongi managed to choke out. Tae shook his head, rubbing his temples as he paced back and forth. "No, no, you must have me confused." He said, mostly to himself.

"I searched for you for months, and I finally found you, and I didn't know how else to approach you - and I knew this would happen and I'm sorry, but was it too much to ask for to have you remember me?" Yoongi asked, he was crying by the time he finished.

His hands shaking as drops of the orange juice fell onto the floor. Neither of them paying attention to the stains on the carpet.

"Is this some sort of joke?" Tae scoffed. "You're joking right? This is all some sort of prank? Haha very funny."

Yoongi bit the inside of his lip to not burst out crying any more than he already was.

He knew it would hurt, but he didn't think it would have hurt THIS much.

"Min-jun, or Yoongi, or whoever the fuck you are - just leave okay." Tae finally spoke after a moment of silence.

Yoongi nodded, setting the glass down on the wet spot on the carpet and walking out of the house.

When he got inside of his car, he slammed the door shut and threw his head onto the horn. Letting it honk loudly as he screamed inside of the car.

That was it. His one chance at having Tae back into his life was ruined. And all he could do was sit in Tae's driveway and scream inside of his car.