14

Will groaned, seeing the calendar. February fourteenth. Valentine’s Day. Most people loved Valentine's Day; those who were in relationships, at least. Usually Will didn't mind it. He thought the idea was cute, he just wished he could be able to experience it with someone for once. Over the years it was beginning to get to him; was he not good enough to be someone's Valentine? Was he that horrible? He shrugged it off, getting ready for school. Maybe this Valentine's wouldn’t be so horrible.

When he got to school, the positivity died immediately. He saw couples everywhere; kissing each other, holding hands, giving each other roses and chocolates. Lockers were decorated with love notes and other cheesy things.

He sighed, walking to his own locker, not expecting anything. He opened it absentmindedly, throwing his bookbag in and grabbing his books. He shut the locker door, jumping back at the sight of it.

It was covered in fake rose petals, a bunch of little feathery heart magnets on it as well. There was a rose taped onto it as well as a note written in big, big letters:

“Will you go out with me?”

He immediately recognized the handwriting: Mike’s. His face flushed immediately, speechless. He didn't know what to say. He turned to see Mike and the rest of the party standing near the water fountains, coming out of hiding from a wall to see Will’s reaction.

Mike walked up to will with a nervous smile, holding a box of chocolates in his hands. he handed them to Will, “so, w-what do you say?”

Will looked back from the locker to Mike, mouth cutely open in surprise. He slowly brought his hands to take the chocolate, “o-of course, Mike.”

Mike smiled brightly, pulling will into a big hug while the rest of the party cheered behind them. They hugged for a couple of moments, Will melting safely into Mike’s arms. Mike sighed happily and smiled at Will, running a hand through Will’s soft hair, “happy Valentine's Day, Will.”