Jealousy

Hange screamed, bewildered. "This is beautiful!" she ran off, feeling the sand on her feet. "What is this?" She picked up sand. Its like powder and rock! I'm taking these back home!" she started stuffing them in to her bag which (y/n) prevented her from doing and gave her a plastic bag to put them in instead.

They walked closer to shore where they set down their things and waited for her friends to come. She made sure to come earlier so if the two wanted to explore, they could before her friends came.

She sat down on the towel on the sand with Hange and Levi sitting beside her.

Half an hour later, her friends arrived.

"Hey, (y/n)!" one of her friends called out.

"Hey guys!" she waved.

"Tch," Levi glared at her friend whom he met in the grocery store; Chris.

She introduced the two to her friends and Levi earned a few flirtatious looks from some.

"That one is the main character of your book." He leaned in to whisper to her. She followed the trail of his sight and looked at her friend who was in the water. It was Rachel. She wasn't surprised. The attention was always on her and everyone liked her company. She was funny and easily made friends. (y/n) hated to admit it but she was envious of her.

"I'm not very fond of her." He continued. She was surprised to recieve such a response.

"Why not?" she played with the sand.

"She's morbidly naive and narrow minded." he rolled his eyes.

"Oh." She paused for a while and started playing with the sand once again. She didn't reply nor did she argue with what he said. She was her friend, but he was not wrong about it. She disagreed with her way of thinking often.

She looked at him and saw him staring into the water. "Do you want to go in the water?" she asked.

He watched Hange fearlessly swimming in the water. He didn't respond but he got up and grabbed her hand. "Come with me."

The water was cold, making him hesitant to step in. She tried tugging on his hand. "Come on, we'll only go up to the knees."

He stepped in, his legs adapting to the temperature of the water. As cold as it was, he liked the feeling of water on his legs- it felt that it reduced his stress. They stayed in for a while until she walked back to land, he followed and sat on the towel under the umbrella.

She sat near the water and played with the sand.

"Hey, (y/n)! I've missed you!" she looked up, it was Rachel. She sat next to (y/n) and hugged her.

"Hi, I missed you too," she smiled.

"You never told me you had a cute friend," Rachel looked back at Levi who was examining the sand.

"Yeah, well you know," she started making a hill with the sand, Rachel helped along.

"Is he single?"

"Yeah." She punched the sand hill.

"Oh, I see... Is he looking for anyone?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think he'd like me?"

"Yeah, who wouldn't?" she replied sarcastically which Rachel didn't pick up.

"Oh, Well, I'm going into the water, do you want to come?"

"No thanks, I just got off."

"Okay!"