My Date With An Angel

AUTHORS NOTE:

I think Avery's crazy saying she didn't have any feelings for Lou..He's Louis fucking Tomlinson. If he kissed me and asked if I felt something, we'd be having car sex right then and there. I think she was being bitchy, but oh well. I like her better in this chapter. I don't sit down and write this all at once. I write a while, then I stop and do something else, then I go back and write again, so I'm sorry if it takes a while for me to update...I try to update frequently though! Just bare with me okay?

So, now that you've read this, I can happily announce that you may read.

How did time go by so fast? One minute, I'm sitting in the car, and the next, I'm almost ready for my date. This is ridiculous. Looking in my full length mirror, I picked at the dress. It made my brown eyes pop out against my tan skin, something that didn't happen too often. The dress was very leggy, but no so leggy that I looked like a whore. I had paired the dress with soft cream pumps, making my legs look even longer.

My hair was curled to perfection, and my makeup was so immaculate I was surprised that I had even managed to do it, even though I spent about an hour on just my eyes. My lips were a very soft pink, almost a nude color. My makeup was natural, which was not a look I usually use for myself. By the time I was done getting ready, there was a knock at the door.

"Well someone's an eager beaver." I mumbled under my breath. There were still twenty minutes left until he had to come and get me. What was so important that he had to interrupt me in the middle of checking myself out?

Oh right.

Our date.

Shit.

Sighing, I bent down to fix my shoes, tying a laced bow around my ankles. I walked down the stairs as quickly as humanly possible without breaking any bones, which is actually quite the feat when you're wearing heels as high as I am.

I rushed to the door, though I was not greeted with the sight I was seeing. Standing in front of me was Zayn Malik, in a tuxedo, holding out a dozen white roses. Well, my day just got remarkably better.

Zayn looked taken back, seeing as it was me who answered the door. I would be too if I were him.

"Avery?" Zayn asked disbelievingly, peering around me. Was he waiting for my evil twin sister to pop out, or what?

"Yeah. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're looking for your date for the night." I said, rolling my eyes and walking out into the dimmed porch.

"Umm..yeah. So I take it you don't have a sister who I'm supposed to be taking on this date?" Zayn asked me curiously, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. Okay, that's a bit uncalled for.

"Nope. I guess you're stuck with me." I said to him with a grin, setting the dozen white roses on the table by the door and walking outside, fully aware of Zayn following right behind me, his hand on the small of my back, guiding me towards his car. Or, I guess, a car he's hired to take us to the resturant.

We sat in an awkward silence, neither of us talking to each other. Well, there goes my hopes for an early eargasm tonight.

"So, this must be a bit weird for you, right?" I asked Zayn, tracing circles onto my palm, an old nervous habit I had picked up from Harry. Stupid Harry.

"Just a bit. I mean, you are kind of Harry's ex...and you did kiss Louis. I was kinda thinking you liked one of them, and you wouldn't come on this date. Granted, I thought you had a sister though." Zayn said, a sigh escaping his perfect lips. Wait, did I just say perfect? Yes. Yes I did indeed say perfect. While I am many things, I am not a liar. And I wouldn't be lying if I said I wanted to kiss the shit out of the boy next to me.