Chapter Four: Meeting

Namjoon sits at a table in the pastry shop, book open in front of him and a partially eaten slice of cake resting on the table as he waits for his friend to get from his work. It was his favorite book, no matter how many lifetimes since its creation, he'd always managed to be drawn to the book and never more captivated by it.

A hand taps him on his shoulder, he's met with a gentle smile.

"Ready to go?" Asks Jin.

The grad student closes the book, and with a nod they head out, Jin with a bag in hand.

"What's all of that?"

The blonde haired pastry shop worker smiles. "They're pieces of cake for your friends! I hope I brought enough."

Namjoon laughs. "That's very kind of you! I'm sure they'll all appreciate the thought anyhow."

Jin nods and lets the bag dangle once again by his side. "So how is your paper going? You mentioned before that you were having a bit of a hard time."

"Ah, its actually going a lot smoother now, there have been somethings going on that have recently kicked me into gear. It isn't the most stressful thing that thing has been going on recently." Namjoon looks at the young culinary student. "How about you? How're things going?"

"Good! My next cooking test is coming up so I've been practicing, its still so nerve wracking. There really hasn't been anyone I can have taste my food, so I can't truly tell if its actually any good or not." He lets out a chuckle.

"I'm sure you're doing fine, as I remember from our undergrad days if you wanted something, you went after it and succeeded." They arrive at the front of the cafe, and Namjoon holds open the door.

But Jin pauses, bitting his lip. Should I ask him?

"Something wrong, Hyung?"

Jin shakes it off and enters the cafe Namjoon right behind him as he leads him to the table where he sees Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok already sitting.

"Hyung!" Jungkook stands with a smile, and Taehyung next to him looks up from his reading, setting the book onto the table.

"Hey, Kookie." He greets, Jin stands just beside him smiling a little. "This is Jin-Hyung, my friend from school." Namjoon then goes to introduce the rest of the table to Jin.

"Its a pleasure to meet you, Hyung!" Taehyung states excitedly.

Hoseok nods. "Especially since we've been hearing so much about you."

Heat travels to Jin's face. "I brought cake for everyone, that is if you want a piece."

Taehyung's eyes sparkle. "I like him! Thank you, Hyung." He says as he takes a piece of cake, Jungkook does the same with a thank you, as does Hoseok.

Namjoon pulls out a seat for Jin. "Where's Jimin?" He asks as he takes a seat.

"He's on his way. You know Jimin-Hyung, he'd be late to his own funeral." Jungkook answers, taking a bite of the cake he'd been given.

Namjoon nods, agreeing with that, it was a true statement, there was one time where in fact that Jimin was indeed late to his own funeral.

"Sorry we're late, there was an emergency with a fire at the apartment!" Jimin rushes in with Yoongi right on his heels.

"Speak of the devil," Hoseok says, throwing an arm around Jimin's chair as he always does, Yoongi on the other side of him and beside Namjoon.

No one notices the look that Yoongi gives Hoseoks arm.