Chapter Seven: Change Up

Hello! And uh welcome back! I would like to thank you for sixteen followers and the love this story has been getting! I'm glad you're enjoying the road so far! I'll see you again at the end, enjoy!
***
It has been several minutes that they had been sitting at their usual table, sunlight glimmering through the shop window, Jungkook in his seat next to Namjoon, and Hoseok's arm on the back of the other chair.

The only thing that was amiss is that the chair is empty, and Jimin is later than usual.

So late that the cup of black coffee lies un-touched on the table, the ice melting, condensation pooling on the table.

They hadn't heard anything from the other soul since they'd gotten the news that he'd returned.

Hoseok's gaze turns from the empty chair. "Has anyone been able to contact him?"

"Every call I've made has gone to voice mail." Jungkook responds.

Hoseok adjusts his glasses, sighing his brow furrowed it was concerning that they hadn't heard from him. "One of you, please drop by his place and check with him, if he doesn't check in with me soon, We'll have to get other parties involved and I would like to avoid that for as long as I can." He takes the cup of coffee, deciding that he shouldn't let it go to waste, his nose wrinkles slightly at the taste, he liked coffee, drank it a little black but not as bitter as Jimin liked it.

Both of the younger nod.

Hoseok sighs again. "Anyways, lets report in."

They spend the next few minutes going over the condition of their charges, everything was at peace with them it seemed, and they speculated how Yoongi was based on what Namjoon and Jungkook had been provided.

"Even more reason to head over there," The balancer nods.

Jungkook hums his agreement. "I'll go," He looks over to Namjoon who'd been looking unwell and had been distracted the whole meeting. "You should go home and rest, Hyung, you don't look like you feel well."

Hoseok's attention turns to the purple haired man. "What's going on Namjoon? Is everything alright?"

His head flicks up at the mention of his name, and then nods. "Yeah, its just been school... its just been a lot going on. Thats all."

Hoseok just searches him for a second. "That's all?"

"That's all." he confirms.

The balancer laces his hands together, in front of him. "Get some rest, Joon, don't push yourself too hard."

"I will," Namjoon smiles a tiny bit.

"Alright, not that I don't like hanging with you all, but if that's all we need to do, I'm going to get going." Jungkook stands up and stretches. "I've got some assignments to do myself later this evening, and especially if I'm going to stop over at Jimin-hyung's I need to get a bit of a head start."

The balancer smiles. "Hows Taehyung's paper going, has he asked anymore questions?"

"He's... doing well, he really seems to love the book. Just asking the normal questions, nothing too deep."

Hoseok nods pleased, finding that the boy wasn't digging too much where he wasn't supposed to, at least for now. But he was still going to keep an eye on it.

Nothing else is said between the three, all of them seeming to have different things on their minds, and Jungkook and Namjoon turn to leave bidding a farewell, but Hoseok stops them, they look back to him with a questioning gaze, it seemed like he needed to tell them something. But he seemingly decides against it, and gives them a smile.