Chapter Twelve: Change

"We've gotten reports of movement, here, and here." Hoseok points to the various circled places on the map, the various areas colored black after the movement of Shadows had picked up more so than usual in the past couple of weeks.

"They're getting bold." Jimin says, a knife twirling in between his fingers, his feet propped up on the table in front of him.

"Where are we headed?" Jungkook asks. the elder leaning against the table, looking tired himself as they go over the information, all of them were still recovering from their last scuffle.

This area here, the balancer moves the map, focusing on the area that seemed to be filled with the heaviest amount of shadows.

Jungkook lets out an irritated sigh. "Are they trying to kill us?"

Jimin lets out his own chuckle. "Oh, I'm sure that they would love that." he removes his legs from the table. "But we're far too valuable."

Hoseok shakes his head, agreeing that the area was a little much for the five of them especially since Ren had joined them.

"Is Ren joining us?" Namjoon asks looking around the room to find the other missing.

Hoseok pushes up his glasses. "No, I opted her to sit out on this one. She's shadowing one of my Hyungs this evening."

"How long has she been around this area?" Jimin asks.

They all knew that Hoseok wouldn't exclude Ren from a learning opportunity such as this unless there was something else involved that he didn't believe she should be privy to as of yet.

"For a while, we've gotten reports that this has been a reoccurring meeting spot for members of the Tentoria, our goal is to apprehend her and other members for questioning."

"Do the others have to be alive?" Jimin questions after a pause.

Hoseok meets the soul's eyes. "We'd like them for questioning."

Jimin nods.

Optional then. He thinks.
"Times wasting, the longer sit here, the more of a chance they have to move." Jungkook stands up from his seat, the gold of his eyes taking on a hardened quality, one that anyone rarely saw with the elder.

"Lets go." Hoseok states.
                            ***

The four arrive to the location, the area was crawling with energy causing the hair on their arms to stand up despite being under layers of clothing to combat the cold. Namjoon had never felt anything so heavy in all of his years, it honestly made him nervous, almost like when he was a rookie and it had been his first time out with this team.

Usually the presence of his Hyungs made him breathe a little easier, but tonight that wasn't the case, something about tonight, the past few days had been different. As he looked at Jimin, case hawkishly surveying the area, when he goes to speak to the other something inside of him stops him.

Maybe it's the glimmer of red he keeps seeing in the others eye, maybe it's his imagination.

"Whats wrong, Joon?"

This breaks him out of his reverie, Jimin suddenly right beside him looking concerned.

Namjoon shakes his head. "Nothing, I was just thinking." He returns his gaze down to the area below, searching for movement.

He feels the familiar weight of Jimin's arm around his shoulder, its usually comforting, but again he's uneasy.

"Don't lie to me, I can tell something's bothering you." Jimin rests his chin on the younger soul's shoulder.