Chapter 5

I glance at the hunched body of the kid, the quick rapid move of his stomach gone. Dead. Not alive. Gone. Gone forever. I howl with determination. Crouching by the frozen body, I mourn for him with mock sadness. "Oh poor poor kid. Innocent local teenager." I mock. "So sorry you had to die this way." Voice spiking with anger suddenly, I hiss, poison edging my words, "It would be unfortunate if your mommy got hurt, knowing you were dead."
I grin. A wide sharky grin.
Suddenly, footsteps echo behind me. I swivel around.
"Drake. Drake... Why did you...?" Spluttered dad, gazing at the body in shock, as if he didn't want to believe it was there.
"Revenge, daddy." I snarl with mock laughter. "And you know what? Thanks dad. For the firearm training."
My dad stands there, stony silent.
"You know why?" I press.
"W-why?"
"Because, thanks to YOUUU, I am now unmistakably the most powerful I can ever be." I pause for affect, "Or, at least, strong enough to make it so nothing gets in my way."
I shiver with pleasure as I faintly hear my dad gulp. Gulp! Gulp? The scaredy-cat was actually afraid? "You afraid, daddy?" I ask innocently, in an eerie voice. "You afraid of your own son? Your own son becoming a psychopath?"
"Yes. Drake this isn't you. Please. Don't become your-"
"Grandfather?" I interrupt. "Nah, nah. Jeez daddy, don't you know ANYTHING? I'm not granddad. No, no. I'm not Drake the second. I'm the first. The first." I grin and cock my head back in a shark-like laugh. If- you know - sharks laughed...
My dad's expression turned darkly cold. "You." He hissed, stabbing a finger at me. "You... You killed an innocent person. You... You... You're a killer! A murderer! To think... You were my son..." His voiced trailed off in a choke of emotion, and he shivered from the darkness. It had turned dark early.
"It's dark. Let's go home, and I'll say the kid was ran over by... A truck." Suggests dad quietly.
I was surprised. So willing to take his son home, huh? Will this son- me -will never come home. Ever. "Oh sorry, dad. I don't take fathers who let darkness be their enemy." I growl with a sinister tone. After a moments silence, I hiss, "Remember that, dad? You said that. To me."
My dad looked at me through the pitch blackness, his expression unreadable. "Jake."
"What?" Was he drunk or something?
"Jake. Jake Merwin." He whispers, in quite a sad tone.
I roll my eyes. "Who?"
"Me. My name. Jake." Confesses dad.
I shake my head in confusion and annoyance. "That's your name? Oh.. Um ..thanks for lettin' me know. Kinda random don't cha think? And useless?"
"Drake. Please come home."
I laugh. "No, no." I sneer, "Sorry dad. Got things to do." I ignore my dads unhappy stare as I stroll down the street, twiddling the air rifle admiringly. And in a whisper, I add,
"I'm going to do what has to be done."