Dad

{Jake Merwins POV:}
Jake sighed tiredly and sipped quietly from his cup of tea, lost in a world of darkness. No, Jake hadn't gone after his son. He hadn't intended to. This was for Drake to do after all. He thinks of how he had raised Drake. Happy moments. Memories. Tears. Laughter. Celebrations. Birthdays. Birthdays... Jake smiled. It would be Drakes 14th birthday soon.
A loud bang on the door made Jake wash away his thoughts.
Wearily he stood up and trudged to the door.
He swung the door wide open, to only find a pistol meeting his face. The police! Jake instantly brought his hands up is a gesture of surrender. "Woah hey!" He yelled, surprised.
"You!" The policewoman cried. "Do you own any guns?"
Jake hesitated.
"Yes." He admitted. Then, "Is this about the teenager?"
A policeman, lingering behind the policewoman, spoke up curiously, "So it was you?"
Jake shook his head ruefully. "No."
"So, can you explain who did?"
Jake stared steadily at the floor. Now was his choice: Give himself up for Drake or give Drake away. After a moments silence he walked away from the police, grabbed a photo frame and handed it to the police, along with Drakes note.
The police studied the photo quietly, and then moved on to the note and read it over several times. "Drake? Drake who?" "Merwin." Jake answered flatly.
"So how can we believe Drake is the killer?" The policeman pressed.
Jake laughed pitifully. "Do you really want proof?"
The policewoman dipped her head. "Yes, please."
Jake stuffed the address to Drakes step-dad's house into the police-woman's hands. "He's gonna be there." Warned Jake.
The policewoman plastered a fake smile on her face. "Don't worry." She muttered with a wink. "By the way, you're going to have to come with us."
Jake nodded his head, "I figured."
The policeman gestured for them to walk out the door. "Come on, Jessie, we must go."
Jessie, the policewoman, grinned. "Yeah, and Patrick's late with our pizza."