Chapter 8

BANG!
I shriek. Someone had shoved me with unexpected force, sending the bullet in the wrong direction, making it bounce off the ceiling wildly.
CLICK!
I snarl. Handcuffs? Had the police-? No... "No, no no..." I moan, dropping to the floor on my knees. The pain was beyond agonizing, it sent a shiver up my whole body.
The firearm! Where was it? Where-?
There. Right in front of me, the firearm shrieked for me to pick it up. I desperately snatched for in my teeth, only to find myself back on the floor due to the weight. "I don't think so." A feminine voice purrs, "You're coming with us."
I growl, but it comes out feebly and weak. Weak? No, Drake Merwin wasn't weak. Not Drake Merwin the first.
I attempt to stand on my feet, only to be shoved back down again. I groan in pain as my head smashes to the ground.
"A fire arm, huh? This sure was all the proof we needed." The female voice says.
A male voice speaks up, "Sure is. The kid will go to jail." After a pause. "Right?"
The female laughs. "No ones to young for jail. Especially psychos."
"Are you alright, sir?" The male asks my step-dad. I snarl. My step-dad. Wasn't dead... Must kill...
I cry out silently as I realise I was growing weaker. Weaker... Weaker...
Joe wobbles to his feet. "Yes." He gasps.
"Come on, sir." The female directs. "Oh, and Bill?" She asks.
The male policeman turns around at his name. "Yes?"
"Take care of Drake, will ya?"
"Sure thing."
In that instant, I swipe to my feet and charge at my step-dad. Joe winces in terror.
Suddenly, I freeze. Something had hit me. Like a force. I feel like I'm tumbling in slow motion. Crashing to the ground, I feel helpless. And after a few stunning seconds, I black out.