Dad

Jake sat down in the tightly spaced car, watching Drake intently. His steady rise and fall of his breath was reassuring. As much as he wanted his Drake to calm down, he would never consider killing him. "So, he's your son?" The female asked, swirling at the wheel of the car.
"Yeah." Jake replies, shaking as he stared at the firearm in his lap.
"You know," the female began, "I'm not gonna ask any questions, but man-" After a pause, "what's your name?"
"Jake Merwin."
"Ah. So, Jake, you do realise that your son- Drake -will have to go to jail?"
After a chilling pause of silence, the male with the name of Bill spoke up. "He did do something wrong. Jessie's right, Jake."
Jessie- the female -nodded, but still focused on the road.
Jake shook his head. "Please just give Drake another chance."
Bill stiffened. "But he-"
Jessie cut him off, "We can always take him to Coates."
"Coates?" Bill asked.
"Coates?" Jake repeated, a chill going up his spine.
"Yeah, you heard me," muttered Jessie, irritated. "Coates. Coates Academy."
"But-" Jake starts, flustered. Then he sighed. "Just take him. Anywhere but jail is fine."
"Alright Jake." Bill said.
"To Coates we go!"

*****

"We're here." Jessie murmurs, swerving into a parking space.
"Ok. What we gonna do with Drake here?" Asked Bill.
"I'll take him in by car." Jessie suggests. "He's dangerous."
Jake smiles. Was that something to be proud of?
Bill hops out the car, and smirked in the process.
Jessie noticed.
"What?"
"Look who finally showed up with our pizza." Bill laughed.
Panting, a slim policeman crashed into the car and dropped the pizza at Jessie's feet. "Patrick!" Cried Jessie. "Well done." She praised.
Turning to Jake, Bill whispered, "He's a rookie."
Jake suppressed a small smile.
Bill departed from the car. "Me and Patrick will go get a coffee. See ya!"
Jessie waved goodbye and turned to Jake.
"You're going to have to go now. Thanks for helping us solve this case."
Jake smiled a weak, unhappy smile. "Yeah."
He slipped out the car, watching it veer away.
Suddenly at the back window, a face appeared. Drake! His expression was read-less, but Jake waved anyway. As the car disappeared into the horizon, Jake turned around, a tear dripping down his face. Trudging away, he's filled with memories. The memories distracted him enough to not make him think about never seeing his son again.