Dad

{Jake Merwins POV:}

Jake sniffs tiredly and thumps back to his house, thinking angrily about Drake. Him and Drake had been close, training and all. Drakes ambition had made Jake smile. Now, it made him shriek in fear. Drake had a destiny ahead of him- yet it wasn't the prettiest. Drake was evil on the inside, Jake had always known that. From the very beginning. The pain Drakes mother was once in snapped something in his Drake Merwin, dastardly darkening his future. Needing Drake to jump to revenge. To kill.

Jake sighed quietly, flicked his sheriff hat away, and longingly gazed at his County sheriff badge. What was he to do? He did not know.

He had dreaded thinking of sending Drake to Coates, a school for troubled, messed up kids, thinking Drake would hate him. But he probably already hated him. Jake glanced downheartedly at a picture. A picture in a glistening gold frame, a picture of... Of his once loved wife. Jake sighed. Abigail Merwin. That was her beautiful, beautiful name. If only, if only he did not walk away from his ex. You see, another man, wealthy and strong, fell in love with Abigail and Jake was tossed away, only to find that, when he returned with their son, Abigail was dead. The man, with an unknown name to Jake, had beaten her to death. Just the thought of it made a tear summon on the tip of Jakes eye. Bleary eyed, Jake slipped upstairs, and slumped on his bed- double bed -where Abigail had once slept, with him. Relaxing his thoughts, Jake gulped down a glass of cold icy water. That eased the pain. The pain of his lost loved ones. Now it was only him. Jake Merwin. A loser. Idiot. An old, dumb dad.

SMASH! CLATTER!

Jake sat bolt upright, alerted. Someone...something... Was in his house. HIS.

Jake growled and slipped down the stairs.

"Hello?"

Silence.

Jake snarled. "Come out, coward!"

But no one was there. A note was plastered to the wall. Jake read:

****************

DAD,

Hey dad. I think I'll set off, on a journey you know? Get some fresh air?

Like you said, old man. I'm on a quest for revenge, so don't try get in my

way, alright? If you do, there'll be trouble. By the way, I might've took a

little adress of mums, that's right, I'm hunting down the ol' step-dad. He's

gonna die. Oh, why would you try and stop me though? You want him

dead as much as I do, right?

Oh, and by the way... You might wanna start by locking the back door

more often... Oh, and... Check your supply of firearms for me.

DRAKE

*****************

Jake frowns, swishing open the gun cabinet. There, the place where the firearms should've been (all three,) there was nothing. Jake rubbed his forehead furiously. Drake had the firearms. He was now unstoppable.