🌹Chapter 6🌹

TW: Panic attack

|Previous chapter:

"I promise, Patton," I said. What he didn't know was that I had my fingers crossed in the sleeve of my sweatshirt.|

Virgil POV:

I woke up the next morning struggling to breathe. I sat up in my bed and coughed, petals cascading down onto my blankets.

I knew that I should probably tell someone, but, big shock, my anxiety won't let me.

Once I was able to breathe, I got out of bed. I started to walk to my bathroom but collapsed after just a few steps.

I laid on the floor contemplating whether I should get up or just stay there until someone found me. 

After a few minutes of silently debating in my mind, I decided on staying where I was. At that point, I didn't care who found me.

~~~

A while later, I heard a bang on my door. I slowly looked at my clock and saw that it was 1:30 in the afternoon. 

I had been there way longer than I thought. 

There was another bang on my door, and I turned my head towards it. 

"Come in," I croaked, trying not to cough and failing. I rolled onto my side so I wouldn't choke on the stream of rose petals coming from my lungs. 

I faintly heard the door of my room creak open and light footsteps shuffle in. 

Once I had finished coughing, whoever was there was crouched next to me. They reached out and tentatively placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright, Virgil?" they asked.

I turned my head and all I could see was black and yellow.

"Deceit?" I questioned, wondering why he would be here.

"That's me," he said. I could tell from his posture that he was scared that I would cringe away from him.

"Why are you here?" I inquired.

"I had to see if you were alright," he whispered, looking down at his gloved hands. "I heard the lies you told Patton yesterday."

"W-wait, what?? You... heard the lies... I told... Patton yesterday?" I had to keep pausing and catching my breath. I could feel tendrils of panic creeping through me, making my chest even tighter.

I think Deceit could tell that I was starting to panic. He reached out and put a hand on my shoulder, "Would you like to sit up?"

I nodded, unable to speak.

With some difficulty, Deceit managed to sit me up so I was leaning against my bed.

At this point, I was shaking. 

What if he tells the others that I lied to Patton. They'll all come in and tell me how stupid I am. Then they'll take all my stuff and never leave me alone. That means they'll also find out about my disease. Oh, the irony, a disease getting a disease. Because that's all I am, a disease, a disorder that only holds people back.

"Virgil," Deceit said, both hands on my shoulders. 

"VIRGIL," he shouted. I flinched and looked at him.

"Breathe with me, Virgil. In for four, hold for seven, out for eight. Can you do that with me?" I feebly nodded and tried to imitate his breathing. 

It took me a few tries before I was able to properly do what he was doing, and even longer for my panic to subside. 

When I was able to breathe again, Deceit spoke again. 

"Are you doing ok, Virgil?"

I nodded. "Yeah, thanks for the help."

"No, that's not what I meant," he said, shaking his head. "I mean, besides the panic attack, are you ok? I was worried when I heard what you said to Patton."

I hung my head. "I... not really."

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up. Something about how Deceit was looking at me had changed. It took me a while to realize what it was, but then it hit me.

Pity. Deceit was pitying me.

As soon as I realized that I shoved Deceit away from me. I stood up and started pacing.

"Don't you dare feel sorry for me," I shouted. "I don't need your pity. I've gotten along just fine with everyone hating me. I don't need that to change just because I'm dying. Why are you even here? It's not like you actually care about how I'm doing. I know all about your "Trail of Lies" bullshit. You just came here so you wouldn't end up with a migraine. YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME, SO STOP LEADING ME ON AND MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL."

As soon as I finished I collapsed in a corner of my room shaking and unable to breathe. 

I was such a fool to think that Deceit actually cared about how I was doing. I should have known that he was only here because of his so-called "Trail of Lies".

I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't notice when Deceit wiped a tear from his cheek or when he got up to leave, closing my door quietly behind him.

After what felt like forever I stopped shaking and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

A/N:

Hi guys!!!

OK, first things first, I'm gonna let a little bit of my enthusiastic writer out soooo 

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS OVER 200 READS!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!! I BARELY EXPECTED THIS BOOK TO GET 100 READS, BUT YOU GUYS ARE SO INCREDIBLE THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Now that that's done... 

What do you guys think of the book so far??

I haven't gotten that many comments, and I really want to hear what you guys have to say. I hope that you guys are enjoying it, but if you're not I want to know so that I can make it more enjoyable for you guys.

Until next time,

Take it easy guys, gals, and non-binary palls!!

~death_by_fanfic